Saturday, February 18, 2017

DISCUSSION - Writer's Block + Pick My Next Discussion Post!

I have had a huge problem over the past few weeks. I feel like I have nothing to say.

There is a reason why I haven't posted that many discussion posts and it's not laziness. Okay, so it's not just laziness. Last month, I was spending a lot of time with my family and didn't have the time too write anything. And this week, I have been struggling with jet lag from my trip back to Italy.
Most of my posts have been reviews and it isn't because I don't have ideas. I do. I promise. I have several posts in my drafts folder. The problem is that when I go to write something on these posts, I have NOTHING TO SAY. Or at least . . . nothing that I think you guys would want to hear.
I don't know if I'm genuinely blocked or if I am just having a hard time drumming up any excitement for these posts. Maybe it's a little bit of both. So I thought I would tell you some of the post ideas I have and you could tell me if you would be interested in a post on that subject.

1. Using a spreadsheet to track my reading. How does tracking my reading affect what I read?

2. Books I would like to read for the first time again.

3. Feeling guilty for not rereading more.

4. Why is everyone so down on YA?

5. Have your reading tastes changed?

6. Cons of being a speed reader

7. What percentage of my books get different ratings?

See? Ideas are not the problem.


What do you guys think . . . do any of those posts sound remotely interesting? Any ideas on how to love past this writer's block?

6 comments :

  1. I totally get this. I have tons of ideas and drafts and then don't know what to say or if anyone would care. I like the first three ideas a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I would actually love to hear your thoughts on all of these topics! I don't really have problems with ideas either; it's just having the time to write a full and robust discussion post to do the topic justice!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, you are so good with ideas! I'm always struggling to come up with topics, so I've gotten to writing a list so I don't forget haha. I'd love to see your thoughts on 4, 5 and 7 (well actually all of them!). Hope you get out of your writing slump soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the topic ideas are great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. See, we have totally different problems. My problem is that I never have ANY ideas. When I do get one, yay! But until then? I am just a mess. A MESS. Now, I would love to hear your thoughts on like.. anything really, BUT I think the one I shall vote for is
    7. What percentage of my books get different ratings?
    Mostly because I want to see if our ratings are similar too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel guilty for rereading haha. It's like I have these hundreds of unread books and I just wanna read books I've already read like 6 freaking times. :)

    Hope you find your writing mojo again soon!

    Nereyda│ Nick & Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist

    ReplyDelete