Sunday, July 3, 2016

June Wrap-Up

I am linking up to both the Sunday Post @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer and the Sunday Post @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction.

June was a good month, especially since I left for the States in the middle of it. I went to Florida to visit my best friend, went to Georgia to see some family and went to Alabama to visit the in-laws. It has been a whirlwind and I love it. I still have another week left here. June was mild, temperature wise in Italy but summer is in full force in the South. I forgot how hot it was here. I got a mild sunburn when I went to the beach in Florida because I didn't rub my sunblock in all the way. I looked like a blotchy lobster. D'oh! I have also been a bit MIA in the last couple of weeks because of my trip. Yes, I have published blog posts (written ahead of time), but I am way behind in reading the blogs I follow and responding to comments. I will catch up soon, I promise!

I read 25 books this month. Even though June was great in terms of the quantity of books I read, it was kind of disappointing in terms of the quality. I read a couple of really good books, but most of the books I read in June were three or two stars. Most of the books were just blah. Hopefully that will change in July.

Favorite Book of the Month

This was my only five star book this month so that must mean something. This book totally broke my heart.

Most Disappointing Book of the Month

I had been looking forward to this book for so long, but it was just so blah.

Reviews Posted

Break Me Like A Promise (Once Upon A Crime Family #2) by Tiffany Schmidt
With Malice by Eileen Cook
Julia Vanishes (Witches Child #1) by Catherine Egan
Empire of Dust (Blood of Gods and Royals #2) by Eleanor Herman
Read Me Like A Book by Liz Kessler
First Comes Love by Emily Giffin
Paper and Fire (The Great Library #2) by Rachel Caine
The Memory Book by Lara Avery
Twisted by Hannah Jayne
Sequel Love: A Court of Mist and Fury and The Rose and the Dagger

Top Ten Tuesday Posts

Top 2016 Books I Am Drooling Over 
Top 2016 Releases (So Far)
Top Literary Characters I Would Totally Name My Children After

Other Posts

DISCUSSION: Signs You Have A Crushing TBR Pile
DISCUSSION: Easier to hate than to love
DISCUSSION: Finding Time To Read
I signed up for the Make Me Read It Readathon!

Feel free to vote for the books I should read during the readathon!



How was your month? What was your favorite book read this month?

21 comments :

  1. That sounds like a great trip and WHEN did you find time to read 25 books?? That's crazy! I voted for Salt to the Sea and Tiger Lily because those were both incredible! Have a great week!!

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, I am just a really fast reader! :) I have heard great things about both of those books. Looks like Salt to the Sea is ahead right now and that makes me so happy!

      Delete
  2. You were super busy in June!!! I voted for a few of those books! Happy July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fredamans! Happy July to you as well. Thanks for voting!

      Delete
  3. Wow all that traveling and reading 25 books is super impressive! Hope the sunburn heals okay! I know how miserable that I can be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha! Thanks to some aloe, my sunburn healed rather quickly. They are the worst!

      Delete
  4. The last time I got a sunburn (I am very pale) it was because I missed a spot. You could literally see where I had had my fingers spread, the burn was between their marks. My sister gave me some aloe gel she keeps in the frig and it worked wonders stopping the burn and healing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got My Book, oh I hate that. I'm sorry, but the thought of a sunburn following the pattern of your fingers is just funny. Hahahaha. I put some aloe on mine as well and it did heal rather quickly. I love aloe! :)

      Delete
  5. If you had come to Texas, I would have said hi!!! But yeah, it is freaking hor right now. We have a heat index of 108F (42C) on Monday. Yucky!

    I'm sorry I haven't been by in a while. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyn, oh WOW!! Man, it is hot here but it isn't quite at 108. That is insane. How do you even stand it??

      Delete
  6. Sorry June's reading ended up being more about quantity than quality... it's annoying when that happens.

    But the trip to the States (despite the sunburn) sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah! I am having an awesome time in the States. :)

      Delete
  7. I am always amazed at how much reading you get in! I just got a splotchy sunburn on my legs and it is not fun! Hope you have a great July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, I am just a very fast reader with a lot of time on her hands. :) Hope you have a great July as well!

      Delete
  8. Well, I read a lot of books from the ones you make us choose from for the readathon, so I'll write the rating I each gave them.
    The Cage: 2 stars
    Nice Girls Endure: 3 stars
    The Revenge Playbook: 3.5 stars
    Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe: 5 stars
    The Impostor Qeen: 2 stars - DNF
    The Cure for Dreaming: 3.5 stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so sorry that you only gave The Cage two stars and that you had to DNF The Impostor Queen! That sucks. I hope I love them more, but who knows? I am happy to see the high rating for Aristotle and Dante. It seems like EVERYONE who has read that one loves it. :)

      Delete
  9. I voted in your poll - this is a fun way to choose your books!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you get to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone its awesome. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Memory Book crushed me. I knew what was coming, and I tried to prepare myself for it, but there is no preparing yourself for this. I hurt to my core after this book, and couldn't shake it for a while. It was beautiful. And it taught me about a disease that I knew nothing about, but now I really hope and pray for someone to find a cure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaime, I swear that I should've seen the ending coming but I was just way too optimistic. It devastated me. I don't think preparing myself would have made it any easier. I had NEVER heard of the disease before and I found myself looking it up online to even see if it was real. I am glad the author taught me something new. It is such a sad disease. I agree that I really hope there is a cure.

      Delete