1. My husband and my dog! They are my everything, so yes I must put them first on the list. My husband is so incredibly supportive and amazing in every way. My dog is pretty much the best dog on the planet, but I may be a bit biased on that one.
2. My family. I am so grateful for my entire family . . . my parents, niece and nephew, my grandmother and my aunts and uncles. We are a silly, silly bunch and I miss and love them so much.
3. I am so thankful that my husband got a job with the Navy that allowed us to live in Italy. Living here has been an amazing adventure and it has allowed us so many opportunities for travel around Europe. The next few years are going to be amazing and I will treasure every moment we are here.
4. Italian pocket coffee! These are little bites of chocolate with a shot of real Italian espresso in the middle. Mmm . . . these things are good! There were more than a few times when they gave me a much needed pick me up for NaNoWriMo. Too much caffeine gives me a migraine, so my limit is one at a time. That is enough though. My husband can always tell when I have had a pocket coffee. I get super duper hyper!
5. NetGalley and Edelweiss. So grateful for free books from generous publishers through these websites!
6. I am thankful I have the ability to work out. I know some people genuinely can't do some of the things I can because of illness or because they are in a wheelchair. I do not take my ability to work out for granted.
7. My health! Maybe this also goes with #5 a little bit. I have a form of muscular dystrophy. Aside from a very high arch in my foot and the need for ankle braces when I walk a lot because of clumsiness, I am still very physically active. My uncle actually had to retire when he was my age because his hands were so affected and he couldn't work anymore. I know others have been put in a wheelchair by the time they were my age. I am always so incredibly grateful for the fact that my disease doesn't affect me nearly as much as it could. I don't know if it will ever progress to that point, so I will take every second of freedom that I can get.
8. My Kindle Fire! It's hard to believe, but there was a time when I resisted the Kindle. I was very stuck in my ways and thought it would be a betrayal to physical books to make the switch. Man, I am so glad that I did. I am such a speed reader so it is nice to have hundreds of books at my fingertips.
9. Lotion. Yeah, I know this is a weird one, but I moisturize ALL THE TIME. My husband says I might have a problem, but whatever. He has never complained that I am "too moisturized." Favorite lotion ever? Baby lotion! Yep, you heard me right. Baby Lotion. I have no kids, but I go through that stuff like crazy. I am thankful my grandmother taught me that one. It really does moisturize incredibly well.
10. I am thankful for YOU, my wonderful readers. Thank you for taking the time to read my posts!