Sunday, December 6, 2015

Prague!

Oh you guys, Prague was amazing. It was so incredible and beautiful and it was a great way to spend Thanksgiving. We were able to see a few beautiful libraries, shop the Christmas markets and eat a lot of amazing food. It was cold and there was a lot of walking, but I didn't even care. It was so much fun!

I wanted to share just a few pictures of my trip. There were so many, but I think was able to capture some of the highlights.

These pictures are of the Baroque Library Hall. I do think this one was my favorite. They had books there that dated back to the 1600's. We weren't actually allowed in, unfortunately. We could only view it from a corner that was roped off. The tour guide did tell us that once upon a time, if you were getting married in the nearby chapel, then you could get special permission to have some wedding photos taken in the library. How amazingly cool would that be???
 These pictures are of the Strahov Monastery Library. How beautiful are those ceilings??
Below are some pics of the Christmas markets. They were so festive!! Nothing puts you in the Christmas spirit faster than going to a Christmas market. Oh, and the pastry on the right is called a Trdelnik. A Trdelnik is rolled pastry dough, grilled over an open fire and then brushed with lots of sugar. As you can see from my face in the picture below it, I was in heaven. It was sweet, sugary heaven.
 Below are some of the pics around the city of Prague. The Charles Bridge, the Astronomical Clock, a Starbucks, a couple of views from towers that took a lot out of us to climb. Oh, and there is the Dancing House on the top right. How cool does that building look?

Sigh. I could go on and on about Prague all day and I could probably share a million more pictures, but I won't bore you. I will say that if you are going to take a trip to Europe, please consider the holidays. The crowds at tourist sites aren't nearly as bad and the atmosphere of the festive Christmas markets will blow you away.

I love Prague!

Have you ever been to Europe during the holidays? Have you ever been to Prague? 

12 comments :

  1. All the pictures look so beautiful. I love the crazy building one up in the corner. The Christmas market also looked fabulous. I wish I had been able to travel more around Europe when I was younger. Maybe when the kids grow up we can go back. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! That crazy building is called The Dancing House. Doesn't it look awesome? Ha. I hope you are able to go back to Europe. It's so amazing!

      Delete
  2. Oh my the pictures are awesome and the trip sounds so amazing! Thank for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathtaking! Prague looks so amazing. Thanks for sharing, Cynthia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray - those photos make me so jealous. I went to Prague a couple of years ago and LOVED it there. Glad you liked it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much bornandread! Prague is now one of my favorite cities. :)

      Delete
  5. DUDE, I need to get myself to Prague! These pictures are SO gorgeous! That library! OMG!!! And the Dancing House? SO COOL. I need to go to Prague, it is on my bucket list for sure. I have never been to Europe during the holidays, but my parents went a few years ago. They went to ummm Vienna? And some places in Germany, and ummm Switzerland I think. It looked really pretty! So glad you had such a nice time, thanks for sharing the pictures with us!!
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon, oh I LOVE Vienna so much! We may be spending Christmas there next year. :) Prague was amazing though. I highly recommend it.

      Delete
  6. Lovely Pictures, Prague is such a nice city :-)

    Have a nice weekend ! ;-)

    Lisa - Joy Della Vita Travelblog

    ReplyDelete