Saturday, December 26, 2015

It's a Christmas edition of Stacking the Shelves!!

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. This is where we talk about the books we have acquired over the week, whether they be physical or ebooks, borrowed, purchased or ARCs.

Today is a magnificent, huge edition of Stacking the Shelves because of Christmas!
I have received so many books over the last month!! I have a monthly book buying budget, but with the exception of Winter, I have not purchased any new books since September. Crazy, right?? So I had four months of book money saved up and I got more than a few Amazon gift cards as gifts. People know me, right?? And I got more than a little ARC happy. My TBR is officially out of control once again. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks to Edelweiss for these ARCs:
Thank you NetGalley for these ARCs:
These are ebooks that I purchased (some with my money and some with gift cards):

These are physical copies that I purchased for myself:
Yes, 95% of all my book purchases are ebooks. I had to buy a physical copy of The Book Thief because it is my favorite book ever (only had to go to two bookstores to find a non movie cover one!) and I purchased Illuminae because it is beautiful and it seems like the format is better with the physical copy than the Kindle version.

These books were gifted to me:
I am so happy to have the physical copy of The Princess Bride! The hardback edition is beautiful. I also received the movie, so I am pretty happy. The other book I received was The End of The Affair. That is a classic I have wanted to read, but it is not available on Kindle. Boo!

Funny conversation with my husband:

Me: "The Princess Bride is my favorite book ever. I am so glad I have the physical copy now!"

Husband: "I thought The Book Thief was your favorite book ever."

Me: "I can have more than one favorite book ever."

I am really surprised that my husband didn't know that. Duh.

And here is a bookish non-book item that my parents gave me:
And YES, it does smell like books!! It smells freaking amazing.  You can buy one for yourself here

I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas/Hanukkah/Holiday season! 


What books have you acquired lately? Any exciting bookish gifts that you have received?

Don't forget: less than a week to enter my first blogaversary giveaway!

28 comments :

  1. wow, awesome week for books!! The Book Thief is my daughter's favorite book also,(she is in college now) and I definitely want to get one of those candles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First beautiful tree!! Second - Amazing haul!! So many great books there. Also good on you for not buying books since September. I need to do that :) That candle looks awesome! Enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! The candle smells so incredible. And believe me when I say that it took so much willpower to hold off on buying new books. Ugh, it was torture!

      Delete
  3. What an amazing assortment of Holiday Gifts. Your tree looks so cute. I hope you love all of your new books and gifts.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Illuminae is purely magnificent. It's definitely my favorite read of the year so far (with only a few days left, haha)! I hope you enjoy all your new ones :)

    Novel Ink's STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica! I plan on starting Illuminae this week. I have heard nothing but great things.

      Delete
  5. Those books are look pretty good. I'm thinking of getting a copy of Illuminae soon because it does seem like it's going to be an interesting read. I hope you had a lovely Christmas Cynthia ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Soudha! I have heard great things about Illuminae and the cover is just gorgeous.

      Delete
  6. Great Christmas haul. I think Illumunae would be better in hardback. Enjoy all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had an amazing Christmas! I LOVE Illuminae, and that bookish candle is so fun! I've been thinking of ordering myself something from Anthology Candles (that or Frostbeard studios). Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! If you are going to place an order with Anthology candles, then the old books one is the one to get. It smells so good!

      Delete
  8. Great haul this week! I'm currently reading Illuminae and it's amazing. I'm loving it! I Hope you have a lovely week. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krystianna! I plan on starting Illuminae this week. I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying it!

      Delete
  9. Oh, wow! Everything looks amazing - tree, books, and all :) Happy holidays to you and your hubby, Cynthia! Happy reading <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ramona! Happy holidays to you as well. :)

      Delete
  10. Happy Holidays & Happy New Year! It seems like you had a great holiday haul! wow, so many great ebooks. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on WRATH :)

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! Happy Holidays to you as well. :)

      Delete
  11. Wow! I spy quite a few books I've read and loved in your haul. I hope you enjoy all your new books! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great work on that edition of Illuminae, it's absolutely gorgeous! Happy holidays, your tree looks great and you picked up some wonderful new books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got Illuminae for Christmas as well! I'm so glad, because the hardcover is beautiful and such a cool dustjacket design (and the cover under the jacket is awesome too!). Here's hoping the inside contents are just as amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danya, I did not even check under the dust jacket until you mentioned it and I love it! It is just as awesome as the dust jacket itself. I plan on starting Illuminae this week. I am really hoping it lives up to all the hype. I hope you love it too!

      Delete
  14. Wonderful books under your tree :-) What a fun candle treat too. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete