Monday, December 21, 2015

The Lunar Chronicles Book Tag!

Since the final installment of The Lunar Chronicles has finally been released (I am still in denial about that), I thought a Lunar Chronicles book tag would be a great celebration. I first saw Brittany do this tag on The Book Addict's Guide

CINDER | The cyborg
a book that’s often misunderstood or underappreciated

Allegiant by Veronica Roth
Not many people can appreciate the ending to this book, which is why I put it on here. But after I got over the shock, I got it.

KAI | The prince
a book about royals/royalty

Legacy of Kings (Blood of Gods and Royals #1) by Eleanor Herman

ADRI | The evil stepmother
a book with a horrible/cringe-worthy parent

The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes
I do think that a father who cuts off his daughter's hands qualifies as cringe worthy.

IKO | The spunky sidekick
a book with your favorite happy-go-lucky character

Ollie from Because You'll Never Meet Me by Leah Thomas
This one was harder than I thought. I read a lot of books with dark characters. But Ollie is pretty optimistic. I love him!

SCARLET | The rescuer
a book with a character on a mission

Vianne and Isabelle from The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
Yes, technically it is cheating since I listed two characters, but whatever. Both girls helped the Jewish people of France in their own ways. I adored this book!

WOLF | The fighter
 
a book with a brutal fight (with words or fists)

The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins
The ending to this one was pretty epic. And also kind of bloody.


LEVANA | The villain
a book with the absolute worst villain

A Court of Thorn and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
It was really hard to come up with a villain as heinous as Levana, but I think I succeeded. The villain in this one was pretty awful.

THRONE | The rascal
a book with the biggest schmoozer

Wesley from The Princess Bride by William Goldman
Is there a bigger schmoozer than Thorne? Not at all. But Wesley comes pretty close. He is pretty smooth.

CRESS | The hacker
a book about technology, or sci-fi

The Six by Mark Alpert

ERLAND | The doctor
a book with an illness or revolving around medical issues

Inside the O'Briens by Lisa Genova
One of the saddest books I have ever read. This one is about a father's diagnosis of Huntington's disease.

WINTER | The unsound mind
a book with the craziest character you’ve ever read

Joe from You by Caroline Kepnes

Joe is a pretty crazy stalker guy, but you know what? I can't even help but like him. 

JACIN | The soldier
a book with a military theme

I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios


I tag anyone who wants to do this one! 


6 comments :

  1. What an amazing selection of titles, Cynthia! You have been a busy bee this year, and a discerning little one at that. Congrats on your reading choices! And a Merry Christmas to you and yours <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ramona! Merry Christmas to you as well.

      Delete
  2. Ooh what a fun tag! I totally second The Sacred Lies for evil stepmother. HER FATHER WAS THE WORST. AND I'll Meet You There - yes!! Basically I second all your choices. Thanks for sharing, Cynthia! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie, oh man I have never quite seen parents as bad as the one in The Sacred Lies. That was so insane! Thanks Melanie!

      Delete
  3. Ah I love that there's a Lunar Chronicles book tag!
    HAHA, THORNE. I love that it's Wesley from Princess Bride. I love them both. (But yes, Thorne will always be hilariously awesome and schmoozy).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cyn, oh yes, Thorne is my favorite character ever! I love his banter and how schmoozy he is. But Wesley comes in at a close second.

      Delete