Friday, May 6, 2016

Beyond the Books #5 - The one where I travel and watch Golden Girls

Welcome to another installment of Beyond the Books, where I talk about things that I have been loving this week!

Currently reading:

The Progeny (Descendants of the Blood Countess #1) by Tosca Lee
I am not sure what to think of this one so far. There is a lot of action, which is holding my attention. But I am not sure if I care about the characters and I still have some questions. The plot is kind of weird.

Things I am loving this week:

1. Amsterdam!

To celebrate my birthday (that was on TUESDAY!), my husband and I went on a long weekend trip to Amsterdam. I loved it! The weather was perfect and the all of the tulips were in bloom. They were gorgeous.

2. Coming home after a vacation
Okay, this may seem like a contradiction since I just raved about how much I loved my trip. And I did love it. But after a while, I look forward to my own bed and my own routine. There is just something about collapsing in my own bed after a very fun (and exhausting) vacation.

3. Golden Girls reruns
I love this show so much!! Lately I have been watching reruns while doing the elliptical. It does make the time go by faster. I love these ladies so much. I am sad though because Betty White is the only one still alive.

4. Litographs shirt
How have I never heard of this site before?? Basically, they take the ENTIRE TEXT of a book and put it on shirts, posters and tote bags. I bought the above shirt, which has a picture of Inigo Montoya and the entire text of The Princess Bride. The shirt is cute and super comfortable. They are a little limited on the books they have, but they still have a really good selection. Check it out here!

How was your week? What are you currently reading? Are you a Golden Girls fan?

10 comments :

  1. I adore The Golden Girls! :D Also, how amazing to travel to Amsterdam! I bet it's beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie, oh yes Amsterdam was beautiful! And I am so glad we went when we did, before all the tulips died. They were so beautiful.

      Delete
  2. What an amazing trip! Love all the pictures. The Golden Girls are the best ever. Dorothy is my favorite :) I love that website so much. I hope they add more books at some point but love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! And I really think Dorothy is my spirit animal. Ha. I love her!

      Delete
  3. I ALWAYS need a vacation from my vacation lol

    Beautiful pictures!


    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, yes I really think we should make vacation after a vacation a thing! Everyone should have one. :)

      Delete
  4. I am absolutely a Golden Girls fan! That show is EPIC. I mean, even TODAY I feel like it would be groundbreaking, and here it is, 30 years later and they are STILL beloved (albeit dead for the most part).

    Amsterdam looks AMAZING! That is on my bucket list for sure! Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! (Belated, clearly!) I hope it was amazing- and it sounds like it was! OH and nothing is ever as good as your own bed, so I totally get that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon, YAY for Golden Girls!! That show is seriously timeless. I love how people still love it after all this time. And Amsterdam was a great trip. I love that city.

      Delete
  5. Big Golden Girls fan here - I can be in a bad mood and then watch an episode that will snap me right out of it. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, yay for another Golden Girls fan! I love meeting people who love that show as much as I do. You are right about it being able to pull you out of a bad mood. Whenever I need a laugh or I'm feeling down, Golden Girls inevitably cheers me up.

      Delete