I don't typically buy books completely on impulse. I didn't really have ten books that this applied to, so I split this list into two categories. The first category is books I really did buy on impulse, based on the title alone. The second category is books that I bought based solely on recommendations of a few fellow bloggers.
Books I bought based on title alone
1. The V-Word: True Stories About First-Time Sex by Amber J. Keyser - This book was just as funny and just as moving as I had hoped. This book is geared towards teenage girls who are struggling with the issue of when to have sex for the first time.
2. Famous Last Words: Fond Farewells, Deathbed Diatribes, and Exclamations Upon Expiration by Ray Robinson - This was an impulse buy at a London bookstore. These last words were both funny and moving.
3. More weird things customers say in bookstores by Jen Campbell - Where did I find this? A bookstore of course. These are pretty hilarious.
4. Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan - I had no clue what this book was about and I don't even remember where I learned about it. I do know that it sat on my Kindle for months before I read it and when I did, I kicked myself for waiting so long. This was book was so incredibly moving and one of my favorites.
5. We should all be feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - I saw the title of this one and immediately bought it on Amazon. This was a short, but very powerful, read.
Books I bought based solely on recommendations by bloggers
Rebel Mommy Book Blog recommended this gem. I read this one earlier this year and it is still one of my favorite books of the year.
7. Bright Side by Kim Holden - This was another gem recommended by Grace. To be honest, I barely knew the premise. I saw she raved about it, went to Amazon and it happened to be on sale so I impulsively bought it. This was such a moving book. I loved it!
8. Return Once More (The Historians #1) by Trisha Leigh - I bought this one based on a review by Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight. Shannon and I are practically book twins. We have the same feelings about 99% of the books we read. There are so many books on my TBR because of her. When she does a review of a book that I vaguely know about or even one I have never heard of, I just scroll down to see what her rating was. If it's a high one, it goes on my TBR list, no question. I absolutely loved this story of time travel.
9. After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid - I had zero interest in reading this one until I saw a review posted by Nereyda @ Nick and Nereyda's Infinite Book List. Yes, I loved Maybe In Another Life, but there was something about the premise that just turned me off. Then I read Nereyda's glowing review and I knew I had to have it. I am so glad I did because it was just as good as Maybe In Another Life.
10. Alice and The Fly by James Rice - This was recommended by Cait @ Paper Fury. I had really not heard of it before her review so it wasn't on my radar at all. I was even on a book buying ban. Then I read her review and purchased it immediately. Worth it.
What have been some of your favorite impulse reads? Do you ever buy books without knowing anything about them?