Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Bout of Books 16 Updates!

I am so excited for Bout of Books! I am trying to clear some of the many books off my TBR list. These are a few of the books on my list for this week. The list may change depending on my mood.

Goals:
  • read at least 5 books 
  • read for at least three hours every day (180 minutes) 
  • participate in at least one Twitter chat
  • participate in at least two mini challenges
  • ENJOY everything I am reading!! No forcing myself to read something I am not excited about
Progress:

Monday
Books Read: 2
Pages Read: 720
Minutes Read: 370 (a little over six hours)
Notes: I woke up way too early and couldn't get back to sleep, so of course I got lots of reading done today. I started and finished How It Ends by Catherine Lo and I really enjoyed it. I also started and finished Break Me Like A Promise by Tiffany Schmidt. 

Tuesday
Books Read: 1/2 a book
Total Books Read: 2
Pages Read: 269
Minutes Read: 205 (almost 3 1/2 hours) 
Notes: Started A Court of Mist and Fury. This is a really long book so I didn't expect to finish it today. I am loving it so far.


Wednesday
Books Read: 1/2 
Total Books Read: 3
Pages Read: 500
Minutes Read: 300 (approx. 5 hours)
Notes: I finished reading A Court of Mist and Fury (LOVED IT!!) and started Gus (Bright Side #2). I also did a mini challenge over at the Bout of Books page. The topic was top five and I picked the top five books that made me cry (this was HARD to narrow down!): The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling, The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay, The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah and Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan

Thursday
Books Read: 1
Total Books Read: 4
Pages Read: 384
Minutes Read: 245 (a little over 4 hours)
Notes: Yep, I am a reading machine! I finished Gus and started The Girl who fell from the sky. Gus  was really good and The Girl Who Fell From The Sky is just okay so far.

Friday
Books Read: 1
Total Books Read: 5
Pages Read: 276
Minutes Read: 180 (approx. 3 hours)
Notes:
 I have now officially met my Bout of Books goal for number of books read! Yay! Everything now is a bonus. I finished The Girl Who Fell From The Sky. It was an okay book. The second half was better than the first. I started Running Barefoot by Amy Harmon. I would have read more than three hours today, but my husband and I were out and about and I was exhausted after waking up at 4:00am AGAIN. I had to struggle to meet my three hour goal, but I am happy I did it.

Saturday
Books Read: 2
Total Books Read: 7
Pages Read: 
488
Minutes Read: 230 (almost 4 hours)
Notes: Finished Running Barefoot, started and finished Extraordinary Means and started Wolf by Wolf. Today was a great reading day!

Sunday
Books Read: 2
Total Books Read: 9
Pages Read: 639
Minutes Read: 330 (5 1/2 hours)
Notes: Today was a great reading day! A combination of insomnia and lots of alone time because my husband left for a business trip meant lots of reading. I finished Wolf by Wolf (this was a hella good book!!). I also started and finished an ARC, Frayed. That one was kind of meh. 

Final Update:

I got a lot of books marked off my TBR this week! My goal was to read five books. I ended up reading nine. Yay! I also managed to read at least three hours every day. Most days, I read more. I am happy with my progress this week.


Books I have read during Bout of Books:

How It Ends by Catherine Lo
Break Me Like A Promise (Once Upon a Crime Family #2) by Tiffany Schmidt 
A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorn and Roses #2) by Sarah J. Maas
Gus (Bright Side #2) by Kim Holden
The Girl Who Fell From The Sky by Heidi W. Durrow
Running Barefoot by Amy Harmon
Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider 
Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin
Frayed by Kara Terzis



How are you guys doing with Bout of Books?

18 comments :

  1. That's a fantastic start! I *adored* THE GIRL WHO FELL FROM THE SKY - can't wait to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The Girl Who Fell From The Sky was kind of an okay book for me. It started a bit slow, but I did enjoy the second half. I can see why you adore it though. :)

      Delete
  2. Great start! I need to read Running Barefoot and Extraordinary Means too. I will have to see what you think about them. I liked Gus but not until it was really into it. The beginning wasn't my jam. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! I agree about Gus. It kind of took me a bit to get into it too. There were parts I enjoyed and parts I didn't. I think I gave it three stars on Goodreads. It was not nearly as good as Bright Side, that's for sure. I had high hopes for Running Barefoot and Extraordinary Means, but they kind of let me down. I didn't like Running Barefoot and Extraordinary Means was just okay. I didn't feel that emotional about either book, which is a shame.

      Delete
  3. Wow! That's a lot of reading done! An amazing start for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great start to the readathon - and already hitting at least two goals! Enjoying what you read is so important!!

    Reading With Jade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woow! Your reading total is outstanding. I think these are the highest ive seen, Good Job. I think youll def reach your 5 book goal! :)

    Books In Bloom • http://goo.gl/h5N12X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Books in Bloom! I have reached my goal and then some. :)

      Delete
  6. I read The Girl Who Fell From the Sky earlier this year. I agree with your assessment that it is an ok book. I honestly haven't thought much about it at all since I read it until I saw it listed here, so that is a pretty telling sign in itself. Anyway, GREAT JOB on all of your finishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I have a feeling The Girl Who Fell From The Sky will be one of those I don't remember much about either. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it.

      Delete
  7. Looks like you have been able to get in lots of good reading time. Thanks for the tip on The Girl Who Fell From the Sky. I will make sure to get it from the library and not buy it if I still decide to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure have Susan! I love getting in all the reading I can. :) I would definitely recommend getting The Girl who fell from the sky from the library first. In my mind, it wasn't worth the money. You could enjoy it more, but we'll see.

      Delete
  8. Cynthia you just got into this readathon running and never slowed down, well done! I really would love to get 3hrs reading time daily.

    I'm also looking forward to A Court of Mist & Fury. How did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Angelica! The fact that I am unemployed does help with all the reading time. :) A Court of Mist and Fury was SO FREAKING GOOD! The only real issue I had was that it was a bit long and the middle dragged a bit. Even with that I had to give it five stars because it was so amazing. Loved the ending! I do think you will love it. :)

      Delete