Sunday, November 29, 2015

November Wrap-Up!

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.  

How excited is everyone for the holidays?!? I am SO EXCITED!! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. As this post is being published, my husband and I are wrapping up a long Thanksgiving weekend in Prague. There will be good food, beautiful libraries and a few Christmas markets. I am sure I will be sharing lots of pictures next month. I am also looking forward to December. I will be spending about three weeks in the States for the holidays. 

November was a pretty good month. I participated in my first ever NaNoWriMo! I wrote a lot and ate even more of those little Italian pocket coffees. I did write my 50,000 words, so that is good. I did not finish my book yet though. It still needs about 10,000 more words. I am mentally exhausted though so I am taking a bit of a break from my characters (for now).

My blog also turned one in November! Yay! There is still time to enter the special giveaway I am hosting in celebration of my first blogaversary. Click here to enter. You can win any book that I have reviewed over the past year, plus a $25 Amazon gift card.

I read a total of 18 books this month. I enjoyed most of them, which is always a good thing. I read a lot of great ones, a few average ones and there were only a few that I did not care for.

These are the books that I read:
Favorite books read this month:

I have two favorite books read this month. It should come as no surprise that one of them was Winter by Marissa Meyer. It was a phenomenal ending to the series! The other book that I loved this month was Little Peach by Peggy Kern.
Most disappointing book read this month:

I guess it was As I Lay Dying. I know everyone is supposed to love Faulkner, but I just don't. The book was boring and rambling and I had to force myself to finish it.

Reviews Posted:

Hardwired by Trisha Leaver and Lindsay Currie
Dead Ringer by Jessie Rosen
Ice Like Fire (Snow Like Ashes #2) by Sara Raasch
Y Negative by Kelly Haworth
Not If I See You First by Eric Lindstrom
Damsel Distressed by Kelsey Macke
Winter (Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer
Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies #1) by Isaac Marion
Little Peach by Peggy Kern
Instructions For The End Of The World by Jamie Kain

Top Ten Lists:

Top Debut Authors That Need To Write More Books
Book to Movie Adaptation Excitement
Favorite Book Quotes
Top Things I Am Thankful For

Other posts:

My First NaNoWriMo
Fall Time Cozy Book Tag
Insta-Love Literature: Does it ever work?
NaNoWriMo Tag

How was your November? Do you have any special plans for the holidays? What was your favorite book read in the month of November?

24 comments :

  1. Your Thanksgiving weekend sounds amazing! Sounds like your first NaNo went really well. Awesome reading month!!! There are a bunch of books I want to get to in there! Winter being the top of that list! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Grace! I hope you get to Winter soon. It is so good!

      Delete
  2. It sounds like Thanksgiving in Prague was amazing! I hope you enjoyed the Christmas markets.

    NaNo writers are so courageous! Congrats on writing 50'000 words.

    Have a fantastic week ahead and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lexxie! Thanksgiving in Prague was so incredibly wonderful. I can't wait to share some of the pictures!

      Delete
  3. Wow, terrific post!! I tried to read a William Faulkner and I had alot of trouble trying to follow it, however my daughter(college student) read several of his!! I have seen many good things about Winter, which is on my list to read. Happy Blogoversary!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joann! I am glad your daughter enjoys Faulkner. Personally, I will not be reading anymore of his stuff. He is just not for me.

      Delete
  4. Happy 1st Blogaversary! Your Thanksgiving weekend sounds amazing, and I look forward to seeing the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I Lay Dying is a book that is really disliked by many. I personally liked it, but I knew going in that it was slow paced and more character based. There wasn't one character to like, but that is something that appeals to me too. There is just something crazy in the way that I love to hate characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't mind disliking characters either. The problem was that, like you said, it was really slow and I also had trouble keeping track of the characters. There were so many POV's and they all sounded the same to me.

      Delete
  6. Oh... Prague sounds very exciting. In fact, so many exciting things there - stacks of books read, your blog's first birthday AND NaNoWriMo. Congrats on making the 50,000 words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deborah! Prague was pretty great. I can't wait to share some pictures.

      Delete
  7. Prague! How beautiful that must be. :) Congratulations on everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy! Prague was so beautiful. I will be sharing some pictures soon. :)

      Delete
  8. Well done on getting your 50,000 words done - very impressive. I only made it to about 35,000. Did you enjoy the experience?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much bornandread.com! It's hard to say whether I enjoyed it. I guess the answer is yes. It got me in the habit of writing, which I loved. The problem is that I forgot just how exhausting writing is. But it's a good kind of exhausted, you know? But yes, I enjoyed the experience. :)

      Delete
  9. I'm finishing Winter now. I can totally see why it was your fave.
    Happy December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter was AMAZING!! I am so glad that you are enjoying it. I LOVED it!!

      Delete
  10. Ah, I've been meaning to wish you congrats on winning NaNo! I'm so glad your first attempt was a success!!!
    I can't believe I haven't read Winter yet!!! Honeslty, I'm a little put off by the length... But I shall get to it soon, I'm so happy to hear it's amazing.
    Hope you have another lovely month, Cynthia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shay!! I was a bit put off by the length of Winter too. But I swear, that the book just flew by, especially since I couldn't put it down. The first 50 pages or so were a little on the slow side, but after that it was nonstop action. I wouldn't change a word!

      Delete
  11. Can't believe you read so many books AND won NaNo - that's crazy good! Congrats on winning!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SO ready for the holidays! I am done shopping, and I am just waiting now. I am also looking forward to the time off and the break away from work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyn, oh you are so good to be done with your shopping already! Every single year, I tell myself I will finish early and every single year, it is an epic fail. I do have some of my presents done, but I still have more to do.

      Delete