Sunday, June 26, 2016

Make Me Read It Readathon Sign Up!

I am so excited to sign up for my very first Make Me Read It Readathon! I have so many books on my TBR list and I am so incredibly indecisive when it comes to picking my next book. I love the idea of letting you guys do it for me!

The Make Me Read It Readathon is hosted by Ely @ Tea & Titles and Val @ The Innocent Smiley. Basically, this readathon allows your friends and audience to vote for what you’ll be reading. This year, the readathon will be from July 9th to the 16th! So that will give you guys a month and a half to set up voting and polls and all that! Sign up here and while participating use the hashtag #MakeMeRead!

What is the readathon about?



Look at the books you own, either physical, e-book or ones you've borrowed from the library and pick out a few you really want to read, or feel like you should read. It’s up to you how many you pick, personally I'd pick a few more than you expect to be able to read in a week. Example: if you think you’ll only read two, pick out five books or if you think you can read seven, pick out ten. Make a list of these books on your blog, or make a video, or a Goodreads shelf or post a picture on Instagram—whatever is easiest for you. Then get friends, other bloggers/booktubers etc. to vote on which books you HAVE to read. When the readathon comes along, you read the books in the order of most votes. For example, if one book gets 10 votes—you read that first, then the one that got 7 and so on. If there's a tie, then it's your preference. The goal is to read as many as possible. 

Below are the books that you guys can choose from. A few are ARCs, but most of them are ones I have purchased. 
Feel free to vote for as many choices as you want. I gave several of them, but I don't think I can read them all (I'm not that good). I will probably end up reading about seven (especially since one of the readathon days includes twelve hours of travel flying back from the States to Italy). Vote for as many of the books as you think I have to read this week.

24 comments :

  1. I choose Salt to the Sea as I read it lately and loved it. I was also tempted to choose Asking for It, I can't believe that I bought this a year ago and still haven't read it. I NEED to get to it as I loved her first book.
    Happy readathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for voting Trish! Asking for it is supposedly amazing, but I think I have been waiting because I know it will be so powerful. Same goes for Salt to the Sea. I know I will cry with that one!

      Delete
  2. OK so I voted for Salt to the Sea because I just listened to it and really enjoyed it. Aristotle and Dante is a wonderful book. Attachments is my favorite Rainbow Rowell book so I had to vote for that. All the Ugly and Wonderful Things is one I heard good things about so I voted there too. I will say I am jealous you can probably get in seven books!! I hope you enjoy the winners!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! Looks like Salt to the Sea and Aristotle and Dante are the top favorites. Everyone who has read those books seemed to have loved them. So happy you loved Attachments too. I have had that one for a while, but haven't read it yet. I can't wait!

      Delete
  3. I voted for Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe! Hope we pick you a good one. Happy Readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Patrick Ness (the dude IS awesome!). But I also voted for Aristotle and Dante, because I think it's definitely worth your time :) Enjoy your reading, Cynthia <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Ramona! And thanks for voting. :)

      Delete
  5. I love Aristotle & Dante and the Chaos Walking Series, and I really liked the first two books in Laini Taylor's series as well, although I never managed to finish the third book. I also voted for Salt from the Sea because I'm hoping to read it this summer as well!

    I didn't know this was a thing when I had my students and friends vote on which books I should bring home from my classroom library to read this summer, but I definitely am going to go link up now and really dedicate that week to focusing on the books they chose--of which I've read ZERO so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. Looks like I have a great selection for this readathon. So happy I am not the one making this decision! :) That is so great that you allowed your students to choose our summer TBR. I think I will go to your page to see what they chose.

      Delete
  6. Okay look- four of my ALL TIME FAVORITES are on this list, so you know what to do! The Knife of Never Letting Go (give it a couple chapters, it takes a few to get used to the writing), The Cure For Dreaming, The Cage, and Asking For It.

    Now, if you have more time, I am very excited to read Salt to the Sea, Impostor Queen, and All We Have Left. And then bonus points for Nice Girls Endure, because I want to see if you like that one. But the first four I said, YOU MUST! Because TWINS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Shannon, now I HAVE to read those ASAP!!! I just know I will love them too!! Thanks for the warning about The Knife of Never Letting Go. I will hang in there since you love it so much. Argh, so many amazing books!! Thank goodness I am not in charge of which ones to read first.

      Delete
  7. Shannon (above) keeps pushing Asking For It on me, and I WOULD READ IT IF I HAD IT, but I guess I'll push it onto you hahahhaha. Also, read Salt to the Sea!!! Well I voted for it so hopefully you'll read it :)

    Thank you so much for participating Cynthia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahah Valerie. I will read it, love it, and then make it my MISSION to push it on you until you just give in and get it!!

      Delete
  8. I just love the cover of All We Have Left. So pretty! Enjoy your reads!

    I'd love if you would vote on my list! :) - http://www.smilingshelves.com/home/make-me-read-it-readathon-vote-please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I think the cover of that one is gorgeous as well. I will visit your page and vote as well. Thanks so much for voting. :)

      Delete
  9. I voted for Attachments since that is on my pile to vote for! If you have a chance you can vote on mine! VOTE HERE

    ReplyDelete
  10. I voted for 4 different books. You had a lot to chose from so thought I'd chose a few as you said it was alright to do so. I picked:
    - Attachments
    - Salt to the sea
    - The knife of never letting go
    - All the ugly and wonderful things

    I haven't read any of these books but they are all books I would be interested in reading. Good luck :)

    chloreads.blogspot.co.uk 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chloot! I read the top three books you picked and they are AMAZING!! I swear, Patrick Ness is a genius.

      Delete
  11. Love the idea behind this readathon! Hope you love your choices, since it all starts tomorrow! Happy reading!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete