Saturday, June 4, 2016

May Wrap-Up!

I am linking up to both the Sunday Post @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer and the Sunday Post @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction.

Ahh, another month has come and gone. Can you believe half the year is already over?? Can you also believe that every single month, I talk about how fast the year is passing? You would think it wouldn't be a surprise anymore, but alas, it is.

May was a wonderful month. I celebrated my birthday in Amsterdam and I spent Memorial Day weekend on the Amalfi Coast. Nothing against Amsterdam (I did love it), but the Amalfi Coast was my favorite. Ravello is my favorite area in all of Italy (Tuscany does come in at a close second). We did some kayaking and some relaxing. I think I love Ravello (and the rest of the Amalfi Coast) because it is so relaxing. 
We are already planning to go there again in September. Yep, we can't stay away.

The weather has also been super mild. This time last year, it was crazy hot already. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the milder weather. But it's still not hot enough to use our pool and I kind of hate that. 

I am super excited about June because I am going back to the States for almost three weeks! I am looking forward to spending some time with my best friend and my family. I will spend a weekend in Florida and the rest of the time will be split between Georgia and Alabama (where my in-laws live). 

During the month of May, I read a total of 28 books. That is crazy, right? I almost feel like that is too many. Weird. Maybe I feel that way because towards the end of the month, I really didn't read anything that blew me away. The best books I read were towards the beginning of the month. And because I have read more than twenty books since my favorites, it just feels like so long ago. Does that even make any sense? Probably not, but it is what it is.

Favorite book of the month:

I had two (naturally): After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid and The Rose and the Dagger (The Wrath and the Dawn #2) by Renee Ahdieh
Most disappointing book of the month:

Ever Bound by Odessa Gillespie Black
I really don't even know how to make sense of what I read. It was the only one star rating this month. Actually, my one star ratings are even more rare as my five star ones, so that should tell you how much I disliked it.

Reviews Posted

100 Days of Cake by Shari Goldhagen
After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid
How It Ends by Catherine Lo
The Progeny (Descendants of the Blood Countess #1) by Tosca Lee
Mini-ARC Reviews: I Let You Go, The Leaving, Frayed
One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid
You Know Me Well by David Levithan
Lucky Few by Kathryn Ormsbee

Top Ten Tuesday Posts

Top Romantic Pairings I Want To See Again
Top Impulse Reads
Top Beach Reads

Other Posts

Disney Princess Book Tag
I participated in Bout of Books 16
Discussion: Things book snobs say
Discussion: New YA Version of The DaVinci Code

How was your month? Is it hot where you are? Any vacations coming up?

28 comments :

  1. You had such a great month personally, and the two books look great to me! Happy June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fredamans. Happy June to you as well!!

      Delete
  2. 28 books! Oh, the idea of reading at least 10 books these days. Sigh.

    I hope your June will be just as swell. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy! May was one of my better months. I guess it pays to be unemployed. :)

      Delete
  3. Happy late birthday! Those photos all look so gorgeous!

    And wow, 28 books? That's impressive! I read 18, so you definitely beat me lol. That's, well, disappointing that Ever Bound was disappointing since it has such a pretty cover. But I really hate it when I read a book and can't even make sense of it, so I probably wouldn't like it either.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kristen! Yeah, the cover for Ever Bound was great but there was so much in it that left my head spinning: incest, rape, the violent killing of animals. Oy. It was crazy.

      Delete
  4. Awesome pics, I've heard Amalfi is beautiful and I look forward to visiting it one of these days. Happy birthday and glad you got to do some traveling.

    28 books, that's a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Greg! Amalfi is amazing. You should really visit. It is my favorite spot in all of Italy. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow! You have accomplished so much and I am super jealous of anyone who gets to enjoy Italy!! We have had some warm temperatures this week in Canada and it is now just cooling off to more midler and rainy weather. I am really looking forward to spending some time on the beach with stacks of books this summer! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candid Cover! Hanging on the beach with stacks of books sounds like the PERFECT vacation. I kind of hate the heat so I would love your milder weather, just maybe not the rain. :)

      Delete
  6. Those pics!!! I want to live in them. I don't think I'd ever leave :) Sounds like you had a great May. And 28 books! That's awesome!! I managed 16 (which seems like such a small number compared to yours). I had a weird month too though. Most of the books I read were just ok and I even DNFed 3 which I never do. Hope you have a great summer and enjoy your time state side!
    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lillian, believe me, I never want to leave! I know I will have to eventually so for now, I am just soaking up everything I can. 16 is still a pretty impressive number. :) I am unemployed and I get a LOT of reading done on plane rides and stuff, so I can usually read a good amount. I hate months where nothing really stands out though. I hope you have a better June!

      Delete
  7. The Amalfi coast is somewhere I have always wanted to go...one day. It looks gorgeous. And you're not the only one thinking the year is going by too fast. I can't believe it's June either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, oh I hope you get there one day. It's AMAZING!!

      Delete
  8. Such a great traveling time! I think I put After I Do on my TBR after seeing your review earlier this month. Enjoy your visit home, and belated happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! I am so happy to hear that! After I Do was such an incredible book. I am sure you will love it.

      Delete
  9. The Amalfi Coast.... sigh....

    I've read something else by Taylor Jenkins Reid so keen to read more but haven't seen any of her stuff out for review here in Oz. I think she has something new out though....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah, yes the new book by Taylor Jenkins Reid is One True Loves. I have read that one too and I loved it! I have read almost every book by her and I have not read a bad book yet.

      Delete
  10. Wow, you read a lot of books! Those pictures are gorgeous, makes me want to go to Amalfi Coast too. Belated happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Luxe! The Amalfi Coast is fabulous. :)

      Delete
  11. What a great month!! Love the pictures - looks like a great time. 28 books is a lot wow!! I need to read After I Do so bad. Have a great June!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! I hope you read After I Do soon. It was SO GOOD, almost as good as Maybe In Another Life.

      Delete
  12. What a great month for you! 28 books is amazing!! The Amalfi Coast is gorgeous!!

    My May Recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eva! Yes it really is. I am still in awe of its beauty sometimes, even after seeing it so many times. :)

      Delete
  13. Love your vacation pics - I can see why you love it there! Hope you enjoy your trip to the US!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete