Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sunday Post and February Wrap-Up


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.  This week I thought I would use the Sunday post to recap the month of February.

Man, I can't believe it's the end of February already. Where has the time gone? I know lots of people have been struggling with the cold. Not to rub it in or anything, but living on the coast has its advantages. The main one is no snow! It hasn't even been that cold; just very, very rainy.

This has been a great month reading wise, although I was in a reading slump the last week of January and the first week in February. Man, I hate those. I am glad that it didn't last too long!

I read 15 books this month; 2 of them were comics. Click on the hyperlink for the review I posted for that book.

  1. How I Shed My Skin: Unlearning the lessons of a racist childhood by Jim Grimsley
  2. I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
  3. The Year of Reading Dangerously: How Fifty Great Books (And not so great ones) saved my life by Andy Miller
  4. Blubber by Judy Blume
  5. Not A Drop To Drink by Mindy McGinnis
  6. My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
  7. Positively Beautiful by Wendy Mills
  8. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
  9. Imitation by Heather Hildenbrand
  10. Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
  11. White Gardenia by Belinda Alexandra
  12. Bob's Burgers Comics #1
  13. Bob's Burgers Comics #2
  14. Snow-Kissed by Laura Florand
  15. If You Find This Letter: My Journey to Find Purpose Through Hundreds of Letters to Strangers by Hannah Brencher
Year to date, I have read 40 books.

Favorite nonfiction book read this month:



Favorite fiction book I read this month:




I had some great discussion posts this month:


Top Ten Posts:


Challenge Updates:

New To You Challenge: 19 books out of 48


TBR Pile Challenge: 2 out of 14


I think I really need to step up my game for the Banned Books Challenge and the TBR Pile Challenge. I have just had so many ARC's to read lately!

Hope everyone else has had a great month. Did you read any good books this month?

20 comments :

  1. WOAHHH you've read 40 books already? I applaud you Cynthia, that is freaking amazing! It's been rainy here too for the past few weeks, and we're just heading into Autumn now. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jeann! Oh I love Autumn. That is my favorite of the seasons.

      Delete
  2. What a great February for you Cynthia! I'm glad that reading slump didn't last too long. I hate when that happens too. I'm so envious that you got to read I'll Meet You There already. I might have the time to read that when I get to Japan. lol :) Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Camille! I hope you get a chance to read I'll Meet You There. It was so good!

      Delete
  3. Wow, 15 books! Congrats - that's really impressive. Been meaning to read Not a drop to drink for a while... Glad to hear you enjoyed it :) Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ramona. I hope you get to read Not a drop to drink soon. It was a great book!

      Delete
  4. You are rocking on the reading. I love rain, and envy your cooler temps. We lived on the coast for years and the warmer temps were nice. I hope March is a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimba! The temps have been nice. I love the rain too . . . up to a point. But between January and February, we only had a handful of dry days. The rain got real old real quick. :)

      Delete
  5. You had such an incredible month, Cyn. I wish I can devote more to reading and reviewing. I'm not doing so bad myself, but I need to be better. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyous Reads! I am sure you will do even better soon. I love reading your reviews. :)

      Delete
  6. You must share some picture of lovely Italy sometime! I'm infatuated with European history :P Congrats on reading 15 books Cynthia; wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man so jealous of your warmer and rainier! Snow here and cold but we're hitting 70 on day this week and I'm so dang excited! lol

    Hope March is an awesome reading month for ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, thanks so much! I am sure you are happy about 70. I love that kind of temp. It's perfect.

      Delete
  8. You've had an amazing reading month! I don't know how you have time to read so much with all of the commenting and blogging that you do as well! Lately I feel like I'm choosing one or the other and the blogging/commenting (or editing) is winning out.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nicole! I do think that the fact I have no job helps a bit with the time issue. :)

      Delete
  9. You read an amazing amount and some great looking posts as well. I am just off to look at some of your discussions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 15 books? That's awesome. I definitely agree about the weather. :( UGH.

    And haha, I happen to be giving away a copy of not a Drop to Drink on my blog LOL. I'm glad it's your favorite! Mine this month has to be I'll meet You There ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nova! I loved I'll Meet You There. It was so amazing. It was very hard to pick my favorite fiction because I have loved most of the books I read. :)

      Delete