Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Teaser Tuesday and First Chapter, First Paragraph Tuesday Intro

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros is hosted by Bibliophile by the Sea, where we share the first paragraph of a book we are reading. Today's intro is from a book I just finished, Seed by Lisa Heathfield. This was an amazing book and this first time author blew me away with her writing. 


"Here, crouched beside the toilet, I'm terrified I'm dying. My stomach must be bleeding, or my liver, or my kidneys. Something inside me has somehow got cut."


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jenn at A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

 Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Again, I am using a teaser from Seed. Can you tell that I am trying desperately to push this book on everyone?

"Every part of me wants to scream. Every nerve, every cell, wants to run up the steps and bang on that wooden door and scream until my lungs burn. But I don't. I know that Nature is watching me. And Papa S. will know. So I stand and stare at the flickering earth walls, with their overwhelming dank smell. I stand and stare at the mud above me and around me and under me. I stand and listen to the sound of my own breathing. Surely she will be back soon?"

Do these teasers make you want to read more? You can also read my full review here.

29 comments :

  1. Okay, you got my attention! This does sound awesome and it is going on my list. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “WHAT REMAINS”

    ReplyDelete
  2. This definitely leaves me intrigued. Thanks for sharing! Here is my TT http://www.readinggrrl.com/2015/03/teaser-tuesday_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an opening! I'd have to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very intense opening. I wonder what's wrong. I like your teaser too. Kelley at the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is some intro! I like the teaser too although this book has so far passed me by. Here is my Tuesday Post https://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/03/10/4158/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do want to read more! Great teasers! Here's my TT. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'd need to see the blurb before deciding on this, but glad you found something to be so enthused about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzie! I hope you check it out. It is awesome.

      Delete
  8. I felt like the teaser early Monday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I certainly arm curious....NOW; great intro - what's up with her?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, why not? Might as well do all memes in one post. :) Saves me time. I love that they all came from the same book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyous Reads! I am just trying to push this book on as many people as possible. :)

      Delete
  11. I love the tone of the voice in the teaser, it's so poetic and you can almost feel the narrators every emotion; great teaser Cynthia!

    ReplyDelete