Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Bout of Books Final Update!

I will be keeping track of all my Bout of Books progress on this page.
The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It's a week long read-a-thon that begins at 12:00 am on Monday, August 17 and runs through Sunday, August 23 in whatever timezone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 14 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.

These are the books I hope to read during this challenge. I may read more than this and I may read a few more.
Here is how I did on my goals for the week: 
  • read at least five books - Check!! I exceeded my goal and managed to finish ten books. Yay!
  • read for at least three hours every day (180 minutes) - Yep. My average was about four hours a day.
  • participate in at least one Twitter chat - Yes! Usually I don't because of the time difference, but I was able to this time.
  • participate in at least two mini challenges - Yes, I participated in two mini challenges and I hosted one as well. 

Progress:

Monday
Books Read: 2
Pages Read: 464
Minutes Read: 265 (almost 4 1/2 hours)
Notes: I got a lot of reading done today, only because I woke up at 2:00am and couldn't get back to sleep. Maybe I'm still suffering from jet lag. Started and finished reading 52 Likes. It was just okay. It was only 172 pages, so that's why I was able to finish two books today. Started and finished The Accident Season.

Tuesday
Books Read: 1
Total Books Read: 3
Pages Read: 471
Minutes Read: 255 (4.25 hours)
Notes: Participated in Would You Rather Challenge (see below). Started and finished Maybe In Another Life (such a great read!). Started Emmy & Oliver. I am really enjoying it so far


Wednesday
Books Read: 2
Total Books Read: 5
Pages Read: 599
Minutes Read: 280 (a little over 4 1/2 hours)
Notes: Participated in Rainbow Cover Challenge. Finished Emmy & Oliver (such a GREAT book!). Started and finished Truest. I liked a few things about that one, but didn't like it nearly as much as others have.

Thursday
Books Read: 1
Total Books Read: 6 
Pages Read: 459
Minutes Read: 265 (almost 4 1/2 hours)
Notes: Hosted the Villain Mash Up Challenge! Started and finished To All The Boys I've Loved Before (such a cute book!). Started Throne of Glass (yes, I am finally reading this book!).

Friday
Books Read: 2
Total Books Read: 8
Pages Read: 440
Minutes Read: 300 (approx. 5 hours)
Notes:
 Finished Throne of Glass. It was a little slow at first, but I ended up enjoying it. I am not in love with it, but supposedly it picks up in the next book. Reread a classic, Tuck Everlasting.

Saturday
Books Read: 1
Total Books Read: 9
Pages Read: 
 373
Minutes Read: 210 (approx. 3 1/2 hours)
Notes: Participated in the Twitter chat, which was so much fun! Started and finished Denton Little's Deathdate. That was a really good book. I could not put it down. Started Secrets She Left Behind.

Sunday
Books Read: 1
Total Books Read: 10
Pages Read: 467
Minutes Read: 260 (a little over 4 1/2 hours)
Notes: Finished reading Secrets She Left Behind.

Books I have read during Bout of Books:

Title/Author                                                            Goodreads Rating
52 Likes by Medeia Sharif 2 stars
The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle 4 stars
Maybe In Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid 5 stars
Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway 5 stars
Truest by Jackie Lea Sommers 3 stars
To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han 4 stars 
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas                            4 stars 
Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt                         4 stars  
Denton Little's Deathdate by Lance Rubin.             4 stars 
Secrets She Left Behind by Diane Chamberlain       4 stars



Would You Rather Challenge Hosted by Writing My Own Fairy Tale


Would you rather:
Lend books to someone who dog-ears pages or to someone who reads with cheesy Cheetos fingers?

I would rather lend books to a person who dog-ears the pages, for sure. I do that occasionally, so it's no big deal.

Would you rather:
Be able to meet one character of your choice or meet one author of your choice?

I am going to go with the author of my choice for this one. There are so many great authors that I would love to meet!

Would you rather:
Never be allowed in a book store again or never be allowed in a library again?

Ahhh . . . probably the library one. I rarely go to libraries anyway.

Would you rather:
Have to choose one of your favorite characters to die in their book or have to pick one of your favorite couples to break up in their book?

Okay, I would rather my favorite characters die. Yes, I am evil. But I don't mind death in books sometimes and I would rather people die than break up. Muwahaha, I'm evil. 

Would you rather:
Be required to read Twilight once a year for the rest of your life or The Scarlet Letter once a year for the rest of your life?

Tough choice because I am not a fan of either book. I would choose Twilight though. The Scarlet Letter is a really tough classic to get through. 


How did you do this week on Bout of Books?

12 comments :

  1. Good luck! I'm not signed up for the readathon, but I'll be reading a bunch this week anyway. (There are so many books to read!) To All the Boys I've Loved Before is such an adorable read. And Throne of Glass is so good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaitlin, there are SO MANY BOOKS and just SO LITTLE TIME, right?!?

      Delete
  2. How do you get so much reading done? I am still reading one!!LOL Looking forward to the Villain Mash-up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahaha Joann, I am just a very fast reader! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness Cynthia, I applaud you! You read like a rocket! I'm glad you enjoyed To All The Boys... and I hope you enjoy Throne of Glass!

    Here's My Update :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rekha! I did enjoy Throne of Glass, but I didn't love it. I am hoping the next one is better.

      Delete
  4. I read Emmy & Oliver last year and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiera, wasn't it adorable?!? I absolutely adored it.

      Delete
  5. Super impressed with all the reading you've done! Emmy and Oliver, To All the Boys I've Loved Before and Throne of Glass are all on my TBR shelves- actually, Throne of Glass is happening later this month because I've owned the audio version for over a year now. I have my eye on The Accident Season too... but I'm trying to read all books I already own this year because my TBR piles- physical, ebook and audio are shamefully (and delightfully) high. Oh, I might have Denton Little's Deathdate in some form too! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! I am usually a fast reader anyway. :) Emmy & Oliver was probably my favorite of the ones I read (though I enjoyed them all). You should get to that one ASAP because it really is amazing. But I totally understand about reading books you already own first. Last year, I had to stop myself from buying books for a while because I wanted to read the books that I have owned for so long but hadn't gotten to yet!

      Delete
  6. You did awesome! I enjoyed your Villains Mashup challenge and reading the different combinations. Throne of Glass does get more interesting in the next book. I kind of like her A Court of Thorns and Roses a bit better. I was a bit surprised by Denton Little's Deathdate and am curious about the next book in the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I'm so glad you enjoyed my challenge! I had wanted to do that one for a while. I just love villains. :) I am glad you said that about the Throne of Glass series. Even though I was not in love with the first one, I will definitely be continuing the series. I am glad it gets better! Denton's Little Deathdate was a but of a surprise to me too. I really enjoyed it though and that sequel will be another added to the long list of sequels I am looking forward to this year. :)

      Delete