Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Discussion Challenge Sign-Up

This is the only challenge I will be signing up for this year and I am pretty excited about. This challenge is hosted by two fabulous bloggers: Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction and Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight (my book twin!!).

The reason why I have decided to join is because one of my goals for this year is to create more discussion posts. I admit that sometimes I slack off a little bit. 

It is not to late for you to sign up as well!

Here’s All You Have to Do:
  • The 2016 Book Blog Discussion Challenge runs from January 1st until December 31st, 2016. Sign-ups will remain open until December 31st, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Central.
  • Create a sign-up post announcing your intention to participate and link up below. If you don’t have a blog, you can link up to your Goodreads profile. There is no need to say what your discussion posts will be about – just tell us that you’re joining and let us know what your goal is. (Please note, you may do this in an update post, or a post of other challenges- you’re not required to make a completely separate post- but you can if you’d like!)
  • Please link back to both challenge hosts and include the challenge button in your sign-up posts.
  • Every month, we’ll update this 2016 Book Blog Challenge Page with the links to that month’s Challenge linky – so you’ll always know where to find the latest link-up!
  • This challenge is to help get us discussing books and book blogging, so talk about whatever you want as long as it’s relevant to book blogging. Discussions can be book related or book blogging related (or generally blogging related – no discussions about things that are completely off-topic like travel or fashion, etc). Discussions can also be about you personally if it’s a get-to-know-you type post.
  • If you forgot to leave your discussion link in the challenge month in which you posted the discussion or the linky list closed before you had a chance to leave it, you can leave it in a future month. (No duplicates, though.)
  • Use the hashtag #LetsDiscuss2016 to share your progress and connect with other participants on Twitter.

The Levels:
1-12 – Discussion Dabbler
13-24 – Creative Conversationalist
25-36 – Chatty Kathy
37-48 – Terrifically Talkative
49+ – Gift of the Gab


My goal: 24 discussions!!

I may end up doing more than that, but committing to an average of two a month shouldn't overwhelm me too much. 

Is anyone else doing this challenge? Are you participating in any other challenges?

5 comments :

  1. YAYYY for this! I think I set a goal, but I don't remember what it was hahah. (Great co-host, huh?) And this is the ONLY challenge I am doing, aside from Goodreads. I do Jana's debut challenge too, but mostly just for fun- I read lots of debuts, so I don't worry about the actual numbers, I just like seeing what everyone has to say about the books I have read too :D

    Good luck, you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Shannon! I am so happy for this challenge because I know that i can get lazy with discussions.

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited that you're joining us! The discussion challenge was a HUGE highlight of 2015 for me, so I've been so excited to get 2016 underway!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! I don't know why I never did it last year, but I am glad to finally participate.

      Delete
  3. Happy to help Ashley. :) I hope you sign up too.

    ReplyDelete