Saturday, January 23, 2016

Goodreads Book Tag

I first saw Olivia @ The Candid Cover do this tag. I love Goodreads and it looked like fun, so here it is!

1. What is the last book you marked as "read?"

Room was such an amazing book!! I can't believe it took me so long to read it.
2. What are you currently reading?

Normally, I don't read more than one book at a time, but my moods are all over the place right now. I have a case of reading ADHD. The Wrath And The Dawn is an ebook, while 2 A.M. at the Cat's Pajamas is a physical copy. I am enjoying both The Wrath and the Dawn and 2 a.m. at the cat's pajamas. I have been reading Marked since January 15. It is so unusual that I wouldn't have finished this by now, but it is seriously boring me to tears. I have been at the 57% mark for the last three days. According to my Kindle, I have about two hours left of the book and I just can't bring myself to do it. I am considering DNF'ing it.
3. What was the last book you marked as "to read?"

I just heard about The First Time She Drowned and I am so excited for its release. It is about an eighteen year old girl being released from a mental institution after being locked there against her will by her mother.
4. What book do you plan on reading next?

Rebel Bully Geek Pariah is an ARC and The World We Found is a book that has been on my Kindle for well over a year. I am trying my best to read some of the ones that have been on my Kindle the longest.
5. Do you use the star rating system?

When it comes to Goodreads, yes. I don't use it on my blog.

6. Are you doing the 2016 reading challenge?

I suppose so. I did set a goal, but I haven't really been looking at the number. I don't want to read just to reach a certain number.
2016 Reading Challenge
11%
11%
11 books ahead of schedule




7. Do you have a wishlist?

Yes, I do but it's on Amazon.

8. What book do you plan on buying next?

I have both of these books on preorder and the release date for both of them is next Tuesday! I can hardly stand the excitement. Both of them are among my most highly anticipated books for 2016 and I have heard great things about both. I guess the only question will be which one should I start first.
9. What is your favorite quote?

I decided to limit this to favorite quote from a book I have read this year. Otherwise, it would have been much tougher. Both Maybe In Another Life and Illuminae have been my favorite books of the year so far, so it was only fitting that I choose quotes from those two books.

10. Who are your favorite authors?

Such a hard question! Marissa Meyer, Courtney Summers, and Amy Harmon are among some of my most loved authors.

11. Are you a part of any Goodreads groups?

I belong to the Seasonal Reading Challenge, but I don't participate in it anymore. It was fun, but a lot of pressure.

12. What could Goodreads do better?

I wish it would be possible to have a DNF shelf without them automatically marking it as read. Maybe I am just missing something. But every time I create a DNF shelf, Goodreads automatically marks the book as read.

Who do I tag? Whoever wants to do it!

What was your last book read? What (if anything) would you change about Goodreads? Are you participating in the 2016 Goodreads reading challenge?


8 comments :

  1. A DNF shelf would be fantastic! I really admire you for having 200 books as your goal - I'd struggle to reach just 100 :)
    Geraldine @ Corralling Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geraldine! I guess I am just a super fast reader. :)

      Delete
  2. I like this tag a lot!! I never noticed that about the DNF shelf but now I will have to look!! I feel like I recently just added First Time She Drowned too. Lots of great books! Fun tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! I think I need to preorder The First Time She Drowned. It looks so good!

      Delete
  3. Room is on my TBR shelf, so I'm very excited to start it after hearing that you enjoyed it! Great responses!
    -Olivia, http://brewingupbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia! You will love it, I am sure. I am just kicking myself because I didn't read it sooner.

      Delete
  4. Ohhh I can help with the DNF shelf, I have one! Okay so make a DNF shelf like you'd do with any other shelf. THEN, go to "My Books". There's a list on your left of all your shelves. Then there's a little link in parentheses that says "edit shelves". Then, find your DNF shelf, and mark the little box to the right that says "exclusive", which means that once you add a book to your DNF shelves, it will be removed from all the others. Hope that helps ;)

    I also hope you gave up on Marked. My review will happen soon ;) I need to order Front Lines too! I am so excited for it, and have heard good things. And of course, I loved TLTSTW!!

    And 21 books already!?!? Holy crap! Impressive, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon, THANK YOU!! I just knew I had to be missing something with that. I went online with Goodreads and did what you told me to and success! Yay! I really wanted to be able to mark a book dnf without adding it to my read shelf and now I can. :) And yes, I just HAD to give up on Marked. I hated to because I was at the 50% mark. Typically, if I make that far, I make myself continue. But I just couldn't do it. I was stuck at the same part for three days and every time I went to read it, I would get through a couple of pages before feeling like I was going to fall asleep. Yech.

      Delete