Friday, August 21, 2015

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag

Obviously I do know that it isn't quite mid-year anymore. But I saw Cait @ Paper Fury do this tag and thought it looked like a lot of fun. Get ready for some freaking out!!

So far, I have read 151 books this year! Last year, I read 158 books so I think it's safe to say that I am on track to knock last year's number out of the water. 

Best book you have read so far in 2015

This is an INSANE question and it is unbelievably unfair. Here are just a few of the ones I fell in love with this year.
  • I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  • Black Iris by Leah Raeder
  • All the Rage by Courtney Summers
  • Only Ever Yours by Louise O'Neill
  • Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan
Best sequel you have read so far in 2015

Since I read the entire Lunar Chronicles series this year, I am going to say that every single sequel in that series has been amazing! I do believe that Cress is my favorite though.
New Release You Haven't Read Yet, But Want To

There are many new releases on my TBR! Here are a few that I haven't been able to get to yet. Soon, I hope!

Most Anticipated Release for the second half of the year

There are several I am really looking forward to and they are ALL sequels! 

Biggest Disappointment

Luckily, I haven't had any huge disappointments this year. But I was a bit disappointed with A Whole New World by Liz Braswell. I really, really wanted to love this Aladdin retelling. But it did not work for me. It was just boring.

Biggest Surprise
Alive by Scott Sigler. I honestly thought this would be kind of a Maze Runner copycat and I thought I was going to be a bit bored. But this turned out to be one of the most unique dystopian novels I have read in a long time. I loved it!

Favorite New Author

I have discovered many new authors this year, but my favorite is Courtney Summers.
Everything she does is pure genius.

Newest Fictional Crush

Tamlin from A Court of Thorn and Roses by Sarah J. Maas! I freaking love him! And I love his relationship with Feyre.


Newest Favorite Character

Laney from Black Iris. I know it's weird, but I love how messed up she is.

Book that made you cry

There were so many books that made me cry this year! These are just a few.

Book that made you happy

The Princess Bride! I LOVE the movie, but I had never, ever read the book. The book was so crazy amazing. 

Favorite Book to Film Adaptation This Year

I was a little late to the party, but I just saw If I Stay this year. That was a great book and the movie was awesome. The movie was just as much of a tearjerker.

Favorite Post You Have Done So Far This Year
Ahhh, so hard to choose!

I loved writing my review for Two Boys Kissing, mainly because I love that book with all my heart. Seriously, it's unfreakingbelievable.

I loved doing a top ten list of my favorite diverse reads and the top ten list of my favorite book quotes.

The Would You Rather tag was really fun.

One of my favorite discussion posts (and one of my most popular) was How Necessary Are Negative Reviews?

Most beautiful book you have bought so far this year

I actually don't buy a lot of physical books. Most of mine are on my Kindle. But if I had to choose books with the most beautiful covers, I would probably pick the Lunar Chronicles series. I love every cover!

What books do you need to read by the end of the year?

What books don't I need to read this year?? There are SO MANY!!! But yeah, I'll go ahead and let you guys know a few on my TBR pile that I haven't talked about in this post yet.


I'm not going to tag anyone, but feel free to do this tag on your blog! Or let me know in the comments section . . . what is your favorite book of 2015? What is your biggest disappointment?

20 comments :

  1. Yesss the Lunar Chronicles is my favourite Cynthia! So many amazing new releases that are out.I just can't wait until Winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeann, I KNOW!!! It is torture waiting for Winter!! Argh!!

      Delete
  2. Love this tag! So many great answers and great books. I am so loving the Lunar Chronicles and just waiting on Cress from the library. So excited to get to it. I did read Emmy & Oliver but want to read all the other new releases you mentioned. Also Song of David is high on m list to get to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, oh I hope you love Cress! But if you loved the rest of the series, I am sure you will. Amy Harmon is wonderful so I am so excited to read Song of David.

      Delete
  3. What an amazing post - you've got your ducks all in a row all right...! :)) Wow, you're a reading machine! I haven't read half of that... But some of your fave titles this year are mine too!!! Have a lovely weekend <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ramona! What can I say? I am a speed reader. Ha

      Delete
  4. Very fun tag! I didn't know Moyes had a sequel coming out--I assume it's a sequel to Me Before You? That should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! Yes, After You is a sequel to Me Before You. I loved Me Before You so I am super excited!

      Delete
  5. You mentioned some cool books here. This tag looks super fun. I'm really tempted to do it too despite it being well past mid-year XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Soudha! You should do it. Don't let a little thing like the month stop you. :)

      Delete
  6. So many great books there!! You definitely have to read Made You Up, it's incredible. And despite it being almost September (WHAT?), there are still so many books to look forward to :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Loony Literate! I know! So many new releases for the rest of the year! Argh!!

      Delete
  7. Okay, you have not read basically three of my absolute favorite books of the year (Emmy & Oliver, Made You Up, and Wrath) and one I liked a lot (Every Last Word), so you must get on that ;) Also, glad to see that Only Ever Yours made your list. As it should, for being insane and incredible! Hope you get to read all the books you want to get to by the end of the year!
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon, oh I really need to move those up on my TBR pile if they are your favorites! We are basically bookish soul mates so I am sure I will love them. :)

      Delete
  8. I liked this so much I did one too!
    http://falconerslibrary.blogspot.com/2015/08/mid-year-book-freak-out-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Wendy! I will check it out. :)

      Delete
  9. I have Paperweight over here. I want to read it by the end of the year. I just....I am so bogged down right now. I finally have gotten around to reading Minnow Bly and Uprooted.

    I'll Give You the Sun was a great book. Jandy is seriously becoming some of my favorite authors. And if you haven't followed Summers on Twitter yet, I do say to go do it now! She is interactive and she has some of the greatest Tweets, ever! I really have gotten quite fond of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyn, oh I have Minnow Bly on my Kindle waiting to be read too! So many books, so little time. I will need to follow Summers on Twitter. For some reason, I don't. I can imagine she is awesome, if her books are any indication.

      Delete
  10. AHHH *hi fives* IF I STAY FOR THE WIN, I SAY!! I mean...for the tears?! Seriously i got so sniffly. :') It was such a faithful adaption too, I just loved it (and I toootally think the casting was perfect). I need to read The Princess Bride! I LOVE THAT MOVIE and it's kind of shameful to have not read the book right?!?
    hehe, and I'm glad you stole this one too. The questions were super good! Except for the "favourite" one gah. THAT IS TOO HARD. It should be plural. It should ALWAYS be plural.
    I just finished The Looking Glass Wars and that was awfully disappointing. (Total 1-star, for me.) And, gah, I don't know about favourites...The Wrath and the Dawn was beyond perfection and I loved Blood of Olympus and I'll Give You the Sun and The Darkest Part of the Forest and a BILLION others that I'm forgetting. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cait, oh yes you must read The Princess Bride!! I am surprised I didn't read the book until this year. The movie is one of my favorites. And yeah, there is no way I could ever limit favorites to one. Even my all time favorite books list has several books on it. Trying to name just one is TORTURE!!

      Delete