Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I Have Read The Most From

This is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. They feature a different top ten list every week. This week's topic is Authors I Have Read The Most From.

I actually had to check Goodreads for this information. There are so many authors where I just read one of their books and that's it. Some of these names were a bit of a surprise. And most of them were from books I read prior to starting my blog.

1. Laura Florand - This one wasn't really much of a surprise. I don't normally read romance novels, but I love her Amour et Chocolate series. Paris and chocolate . . . yes, please!
2. Rebecca Forster - I really, really got into her Witness series. If you enjoy a good legal mystery, this series is for you. I believe there are seven in this series and I have read them all.
3. Michael Grant - The only books I have read by him were the six books in his Gone series. Best. Series. Ever.

4. Lauren Oliver - I was introduced to her with the Delirium series and I have (almost) read everything she has written.
5. Kristin Hannah - Ahhh, the queen of Adult Contemporary. I love everything I have ever read by her. I am still working my way through her extensive collection of works.
6. Jojo Moyes - What can I say about her? She writes amazing contemporary fiction and her historical fiction never ceases to amaze me.
7. Marissa Meyer - I have only read four of her books, but it's enough to know she is a genius. The entire Lunar Chronicles series is amazing.
8. Courtney Summers - After reading All the Rage earlier this year, I have become obsessed with reading everything she has ever written. Haven't read a bad one yet!
9. Maggie Stiefvater - I have only read her Shiver series, so I think I need to get on with reading some of her other stuff.
10. Margaret Atwood - No surprises here. She will always remain one of my favorite authors and The Handmaid's Tale will always be one of my favorite books.

Have you read any of the authors on this list? What are some authors who you have read the most from?

21 comments :

  1. Lauren Oliver made my list too even though I still need to read Vanishing Girls. Jojo Moyes and Kristin Hannah are two I love and still working thriugh. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! Every book by Jojo Moyes is amazing! And Vanishing Girls was pretty good as well

      Delete
  2. Yes yes yes you need read ALL THE STIEFVATER. Asap too, btw, so I can come here and flail like a deranged pumpkin with you because ALL HER BOOKS ARE SO INCREDIBLE AND UNIQUE AND ADORABLE AND FDJSAKLFD I wish she'd finish the faerie trilogy though. I've been waiting for 7 years for a conclusion. *stomps foot*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cait, The Raven Boys is next on my TBR! I have heard amazing things!!

      Delete
  3. Great list! I think I've read quite a number from Jojo Moyes, which is surprising because it feels like I haven't read much from her, not to mention I haven't read Me Before You which is a big one xD

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh eclectictales11, you really need to read Me Before You! There is actually a sequel to that one coming out soon. It was so good!!

      Delete
  4. I'm a fan of Jojo Moyes, Marissa Meyer, and Margaret Atwood! Funny, I hadn't heard about Laura Florand until last week, when my book group picked one of her books for an upcoming month (The Chocolate Thief). Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bookshelffantasies.com, oh wow, I hope you love The Chocolate Thief! That is still my favorite book in the series!

      Delete
  5. I am in love, love, love with JoJo Moyes. We read Me Before You in my book club last year and I thought I was going to die with needing so many tissues! I loved her writing. I don't think one comment was brought up about not liking something. The ending! My goodness how well she did that ending. I haven't read more but I really need to. If her others are even half as good as that one, I will love them as well!

    I've never heard of Michael Grant. I wonder if there is any relation to Mira Grant? I just read his Goodreads bio and I'm in love with him too. Apparently I'm easy but he just seems so real! I must read this series soon!

    Thank you so much for sharing!

    MY TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina, you really, really need to read her other stuff. Her other stuff is more in the historical fiction genre, but it is so good!!! Read The Last Letter from Your Lover and The Girl You Left Behind. I love both of those novels!

      Delete
  6. Excellent picks! Marissa Meyer also made my list. She has so many fantastic books! I've only read one book by Maggie Stiefvater (which was The Scorpio Races--and I loved it). I can't believe I haven't read anything by Michael Grant yet! Everyone raves about his Gone series, so I'll definitely have to check it out the next time I go to the library. Excellent picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! Yes, you must read the Gone series. It is one of my favorite series ever! I have not read The Scorpio Races yet, but I really must. I have heard great things.

      Delete
  7. I've only read Cinder off of this list! I am going to have to check some of these authors out...
    http://hiddenstaircase.net/2015/08/11/ttt-top-ten-authors-ive-read-the-most-books-from/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you must! And you need to read the rest of Lunar Chronicles too. It's so good!!

      Delete
  8. Ah yes, Laura Florand would've made my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to check into some of these! :)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Summers and want to read Moyes. Hmm for me ..Stephen King, Heather Graham, Jayne Ann Krentz and all of her psyednoyms. Robin Carr, Nora Roberts/R.D. Dobbs and so many more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I completely forgot about Nora Roberts. I have read many of her books! I have actually never read a Stephen King book. Crazy, right? Ha

      Delete
  11. Courtney Summers is a freaking genius - her books always draw me right in.

    ReplyDelete