Monday, August 10, 2015

Unpopular Opinions Tag

I first saw this tag on Great Imaginations and thought it would be fun to do.

A popular book or series that you didn't like
The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend
I didn't hate this one, but I didn't like it nearly as much as other people. I had such an issue with Bianca having sex with a guy she HATES. Reviewers kept saying they thought it was great to show an empowered girl who loves sex. Sorry, but I don't find it very empowering that she has sex with a guy she can't stand because she feels bad about herself. And Wesley can supposedly get any girl he wants, but he chooses to have sex with a girl who just insults him? Weird.

A book or series that everyone seems to hate but you love
Allegiant (Divergent #3)
I know everyone seems to hate the ending to this one. I was shocked, yes, but I didn't hate. I actually think the ending was perfect. I get it.

A love triangle that didn't end the way you wanted it to
The Selection
I am sure I am in the minority on this one, but I hated Prince Maxon. I also hated that Kiera forgot about her first love the second she meets this guy.

A book genre you hardly reach for
Religious Fiction
I am not a religious person so I don't read those at all.

A popular or beloved character that you do not like
Christian Grey
This guy was a controlling ass. Enough said.

A popular author you just can't seem to enjoy
John Green
I did really enjoy The Fault In Our Stars, but each book after that has gotten progressively worse. His books are all the same. I can't read anything else of his, unless the plot actually offers something different.

A popular trope you are tired of seeing
Insta-love
Look, there is a difference between insta-love and insta-connection. I have no problems with feeling instant chemistry, yada, yada, yada. But I have an huge problem with two people feeling they are soulmates and talking about marriage within a few weeks. That is so cliche and overdone and I am tired of it.

A popular series you have no interest in reading
Game of Thrones
This series seems way too long and complicated to get into. And from what I have heard of the plot, it doesn't interest me in the slightest.

A movie or TV show that was better than the book
The Lovely Bones
I actually saw the movie before reading the book. The book was crazy boring and I could barely get through it. The movie definitely had more action and was more fast paced.

Tagged: anyone who hasn't done this tag yet! Feel free to share some of your thoughts in the comments below.

9 comments :

  1. I didn't think anyone like The Lovely Bones movie! Maybe it was because I read the book first and liked it? I am so with you on insta-love and GoT series though! Fun tag and answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! The movie was not one of my favorites, but at least I stayed awake. Ha

      Delete
  2. I completely agree with you about Allegiant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kwizgiver, I am glad someone agrees with me on that one! :)

      Delete
  3. I agree on Allegiant too. I didn't like it, but it worked with the plot and how that third book was going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is fun! I didn't LIKE the ending in Allegiant but I did understand it. It was the rest of the book that bored me to death ;) I also am NOT a fan of religious books (especially when they are NOT labeled as such and I request them on NG and there is NO mention that they will be preachy and slut-shaming.. anyway, I digress), and WHY has insta-love not died a horrible death already?

    I don't think I'd like The DUFF either. I am going to pass on it, because something about it has always rubbed me the wrong way. Also, I am sad that Christian Grey is considered beloved, even though I know he is, seeing it makes me so sad. Sad for humanity, basically.
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon, yeah I have read religious books before that weren't advertised that way and it drives me crazy. I am just sad that I actually read the entire 50 shades trilogy. Ugh, crazy. And all the women making excuses for him and his crappy behavior just makes me sad for humanity too.

      Delete
  5. YAH!

    Oh, I so agree with you about The DUFF. I am about to have a ranty rant review of the book up soon. That book seriously pissed me off so much, I had to put it to the side to keep from raging out loud.

    ReplyDelete