Friday, April 24, 2015

Friday Finds


Friday Finds is a weekly meme hosted by Jenn at A Daily Rhythm, where we show off books we recently added to our TBR list or books we recently purchased, borrowed, etc.

It's ironic. The second I post about trying to get my TBR pile under control, I suddenly lose all willpower and start requesting books from NetGalley. They were just so tempting!!

Here are the two books I received from NetGalley this week.

1. The Prodigal Sister by Laura Elliot
NetGalley synopsis: Four sisters. Four secrets. One reunion to reconcile the past. Cathy fled her Dublin home was she was just fifteen years old, and pregnant. Starting a new life in New Zealand with her son Conor, and new partner Lyle, she believes the secret she carries will never be revealed. Rebecca was eighteen when her parents died and she took responsibility for her younger sisters. Years later, she is haunted by fears she hoped she'd conquered. Freed from family duties, mother of three Julie is determined to recapture the dreams of her youth but at what price? Married to a possessive older man, Lauren embarks on a frantic love affair that threatens to destabilise her fragile world. Anxious to make peace with her three sisters, Cathy invites them to her wedding. But as the women journey together through New Zealand towards their reunion, they are forced to confront the past as the secret shared histories of the Lambert sisters are revealed.

2. A History of Glitter and Blood by Hannah Moscowitz
NetGalley synpsis: Sixteen-year-old Beckan and her friends are the only fairies brave enough to stay in Ferrum when war breaks out. Now there is tension between the immortal fairies, the subterranean gnomes, and the mysterious tightropers who arrived to liberate the fairies. But when Beckan's clan is forced to venture into the gnome underworld to survive, they find themselves tentatively forming unlikely friendships and making sacrifices they couldn't have imagined. As danger mounts, Beckan finds herself caught between her loyalty to her friends, her desire for peace, and a love she never expected. This stunning, lyrical fantasy is a powerful exploration of what makes a family, what justifies a war, and what it means to truly love.




Did you get any new books this week?

27 comments :

  1. Wow, A History of Glitter and Blood looks pretty amazing! Great choices :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ramona! Yes, I am pretty excited about that one too.

      Delete
  2. I've heard so many good things about Hannah Moscowitz but I haven't read any of her books yet. Looking forward to your thoughts on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish, I haven't read anything by Hannah Moscowitz either, but I have heard great things.

      Delete
  3. I got A History of Glitter and Blood this week as well! I'm so pumped to read it. :)

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh A History of Glitter and Blood sure looks good! I've heard a lot of good things about that author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Melanie! This will be my first by this author, but I have heard great things.

      Delete
  5. Great finds! I actually ordered a physical copy of Sunset Rising this week - which isn't bad compared to the previous months where I purchased 5 or more books! Ha! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claudia, bahahaha yes sticking to only one instead of five is a great improvement. I am the same way!

      Delete
  6. Everyone's talking about A History of Glitter and Blood! I'm not a fan of the cover but FAIRIES yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loony Literate, oh I know what you mean about the cover. If I were judging by the cover alone, I would have stayed away. But the premise sounds awesome!

      Delete
  7. Hmm those both look pretty interesting! Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both new to me, but I am curious about them. Enjoy and have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to read A History of Glitter and Blood. I've never read a Moskowitz book, but I've heard her writing is beautiful. Faeries + Beautiful writing? Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! I have heard nothing but great things about this author so I am very excited.

      Delete
  10. I have been a bit Netgalley crazy lately; nothing too bad, but I try not to request too many ARC's as there are a lot of other books I want to read and I don't always have the time. I'm almost finished with classes though, so I hope that opens up some more reading time. I hope you enjoy your books!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! I am trying to be a lot better about NetGalley requests too. These are the first I have requested in a while. Ha

      Delete
  11. Oooh I got A History of Glitter and Blood too! It sounds really different, and honestly, I like the title hahha. Also, Netgalley and EW are my downfall lately too. It's bad! Hope you enjoy the new books!
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! I hope you enjoy it as well. :)

      Delete
  12. I have A History of Glitter and Blood, too :D Hope it's a good one! Although, meeh, I don't really like the cover. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Lola, the cover is very blah. Hoping the storyline is as good as I am hoping!

      Delete