Saturday, April 11, 2015

What slump? Let's look at pictures instead!

Happy Friday everyone!

I am in a weird reading phase right now. I wouldn't exactly call it a slump, but I am just not enjoying what I am reading. It's not that the books are bad. I just can't get into them. I am reading Blondes by Emily Schultz right now and this book seemed right up my alley. I hope I get into it more as I continue reading it. Right now, I am just . . . eh.

Good thing I had some blog posts scheduled because I am kind of feeling out of sorts with that too. It happens. I just need a mental break.

So instead of talking about books today, I will look at these pictures of my recent trip with my husband to the Amalfi Coast.

I am so thankful to live in a place of such beauty. If my husband hadn't gotten a job with the Navy base here in Naples, I never would have seen this place.

And that would have been a shame.

Can you believe that I had never even heard of the Amalfi Coast until last year when we moved here?



So far, the Amalfi Coast is without a doubt the most beautiful part of Italy.

And it's only an hour away from Naples!

Have a great weekend everyone!

22 comments :

  1. So gorgeous! Italy is on my bucket list...actually, make that Europe. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyous Reads, all of Europe is amazing!! Okay, I haven't seen ALL of Europe, but I am guessing. Haha

      Delete
  2. Ah, it is SO BEAUTIFUL! That is one place I really, really need to go. Your pictures are stunning! Thanks for sharing them :)
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Italy looks so gorgeous. I really want to go one day. I hope your reading improves soon :-) Chrissi Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissi! I am sure it will. And I hope you get to Italy one day. It is amazing.

      Delete
  4. Oh, those pics are crazy beautiful! I would love to go there! Also, I'm sure you'll enjoy what you're reading again soon. Hopefully your slump won't last too long. A reading slump is the worst!

    Vicarious Caytastrophe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cayt! Hopefully I will get out of it soon. They are so bad!

      Delete
  5. I'm in a slump, too! Boo hiss to slumps! But your photos are truly gorgeous. I neeeeeeed to go to Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mental breaks are good! I just had one this past week (Spring break) :P I can't seem to put my finger on why it's an incredibly guilty feeling though! I managed to toss the guilt away though; my kiddos are so worth it!

    Which, by the way, exploring Italy is totally worth it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claudia! I am trying really hard not to feel guilty. And yeah exploring Italy is worth the break. :)

      Delete
  7. So beautiful, I can't imagine seeing the place in real life, it must be even better than the pictures make it out to be! I've been in a bit of a weird reading phase recently too, hope you get back into it. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shay! You are so right. The pictures do not doit justice.

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous! And one of my favorite areas of the world too :) Hope your book has picked up. I went through a spell of that last month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! Italy is so incredible. Hopefully I will get out of this slump soon too. They are the worst.

      Delete
  9. I love the Amalfi Coast but you need nerves of steel when you are driving on the edge of the cliff! So scary! Hope your reading and blogging slump passes soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so right Trish. My husband does the driving along those roads. The first time we did it, I had to close my eyes. Ha. But that is just part of the experience. :)

      Delete
  10. The Amalfi Coast is on my 'to-see' list. Along with Tuscany.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah, the Amalfi Coast is beautiful. I have seen parts of Tuscany as well and it's so amazing. I hope you get there!

      Delete