Monday, April 13, 2015

It's Monday. What are YOU Reading?

It's Monday, what are you reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey to share what you have read over the past week and what our plans are for the upcoming week.

Last week, was my slowest reading week in a while. I only finished two books and I didn't have very strong feelings for either of them. I am not sweating it though. All year, I have been reading five books (or more) a week. I think my brain just needs a break. I am still in sort of a slump where nothing really excites me. Hopefully that will change soon.

Here is what I did read last week:

Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

House of Echoes by Brendan Duffy

Here is what I am reading right now:

The Blondes by Emily Schultz


What will I read next?

Even though I have some ARCs I need to read, I need to shake things up a bit to get out of this slump. I am thinking maybe A Different Blue by Amy Harmon. I really like this author so I am hoping I will like it.



What are you reading right now? 

10 comments :

  1. A Different Blue is such a great book - I hope you enjoy it when you get to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Grace! I am going to start it today. I have a feeling I will love it. I loved The Law of Moses and this one gets awesome reviews too. It may be just the thing to get me out of this slump. :)

      Delete
  2. Two books is your slowest reading week? Lol :) I wouldn't worry. Two is quite respectable... A Different Blue is new to me. I'll check it out, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ramona, I finished A Different Blue and REALLY enjoyed it. It got me out of my reading slump! I highly recommend it.

      Delete
  3. I'm actually having a hard time deciding what to read next. I do have a bunch of unread books on my shelf, but nothing is getting my interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breana, oh I hate when that happens! I have hundreds of books on my Kindle. When I am trying to decide what to read next, it is so hard, especially when I am not really in the mood for anything specific.

      Delete
  4. Ah yes, I went into that kind of reading slump, sometimes too much of a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Kathryn. I did take a bit of a break and I think that helped.

      Delete
  5. Between Shades of Gray was a great read, although I haven't been able to get into her latest book.

    Since Sheila is off-blog right now I will post my Monday link here Brona's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brona, I enjoyed Between Shades of Gray, but for some reason I did not feel it had a lot of emotional depth to it. It was just okay. And when I had scheduled this post, I had completely forgotten that Sheila is off blog!

      Delete