Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 New to You Reading Challenge!


Well I did it. I have signed up for my fourth (and yes, I mean it this time, FINAL) challenge for the year. Herding Cats and Burning Soup is hosting a New to You Reading Challenge.

What does it involve, you ask? It is actually pretty flexible. You can read anything new to you in 2015 and review it. This can mean:

  • a debut author
  • a brand new to you author
  • an old favorite "debut" book
  • a new series
  • a first time reading a new genre
  • or any other new that crosses your path
I am going to be doing Level 2, which is 12 "new to you's"

Even though I am already doing three challenges, I still couldn't resist this one. One of my primary goals for 2015 is to diversify my reading. I feel like I read a lot of one genre and mostly one type of author. I want to branch out to different genres and authors. I know there are books I am reading in other challenges that will fit in this one so I don't imagine it will be too difficult to complete!

Here are possible books I will read for this challenge (they may change!):
  1. Cinder by Marissa Meyer (new series)
  2. The Empathy Exams by Leslie Jamison (debut author)
  3. The Opposite of Loneliness: Essays and Stories by Marina Keegan (new to me author)
  4. Prelude to Bruise by Saeed Jones (new to me genre - poetry)
  5. Above Us Only Sky by Michele Young-Stone (new to me author)
  6. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (debut author)
  7. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (new series)
  8. no title selected yet, but I will use the audiobook I read for the Reading Harder Challenge (new to me genre)
  9. no title selected yet, but I will use the graphic novel I read for the Reading Harder Challenge (new to me genre)
  10. no title selected yet
  11. no title selected yet
  12. no title selected yet
If you want to sign up for the challenge, click here!

15 comments :

  1. Good luck with this challenge (as well as your others)! I'll be following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good challenge. I often read new authors or the fIrst book of a new series. Good luck with the reading and a rewarding 2015🐢

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your challenge, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Breana and Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete
  4. This is a great challenge, good luck with it and Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kindlemom! Happy New Year to you as well.

      Delete
  5. I am definitely going to check this out, although it does sound like a tough challenge! I try to push myself outside my comfort zone and read new genres, I don't always succeed. I really am thinking about this one; thanks for the info girl (:
    Morrighan @ Elysian Fields

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I wish you the best of luck and bookish goodness in this new year!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Morrighan. I hope you join the challenge. One of my bookish goals this year is to push myself out of my comfort zone and I think this will force me to do that. Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete
  6. Oh! So many of the books I have lined up for the year would fit for this! Going now to check it out some more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am doing this challenge too! Here's to awesome reading for 2015! Cheers and Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Camille! Happy New Year to you!

      Delete