Friday, January 30, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!

Thank you so much Lisa froCaptivated Reader  for nominating me for this award! I really appreciation this nomination.

Here are the rules for the The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award:

1. Thank the blogger that nominated you, and link back to their site.
2. Post the award's logo onto your blog.
3. Answer the 10 questions you've been asked.
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers and ask them 10 questions.


The following are my answers to the questions Lisa at Captivated Reader asked her nominees.
1. What book series have you read or are currently reading that you would recommend to other readers? 

Hands down, my favorite series of all time is the Wayward Pines trilogy by Blake Crouch. During the last one in the series, I actually had to put the book down because my heart was pounding so fast. Then I had to pick it up again because I HAD to know what happened. If you like supernatural mysteries, READ THIS SERIES. No kidding, READ IT. Haha

2. Do you listen to audiobooks? If so, which one would you highly recommend?


Ahh, unfortunately not. I tried one time but couldn't get into it. Maybe it was the narrator. I am thinking I will give it another try though.

3. What are you reading (or listening to) now?


The ARC for Vivian Apple at the end of the world by Katie Coyle . . . It's really good so far!

4. What's your favorite comfort food and/or beverage to enjoy while reading/listening to a book?


Hot chocolate or tea!

5. What do you most enjoy about blogging?


I love being able to fangirl about all the books I love and push them on others (see #1!). I also love meeting other people and getting awesome book recommendations. Blogging is murder on my TBR pile.

6. Which author would you most like to meet?


Margaret Atwood, for sure! The Handmaid's Tale is one of my favorite books. I have also read a few of her interview quotes and she seems like the coolest lady.

7. What's your least favorite genre to read?


I think that would have to be religious fiction. I am not a religious person so I am just not a fan.

8. Where would you go on your dream vacation?


Hard to say since I am temporarily living in Italy. Until last year, that was my dream vacation! What I really want to do is an African safari. There is also a place in Kenya, called Giraffe Manor where the giraffes roam the estate and even poke their heads in the rooms. How cool would that be?

9. Do you like novels with predictable and/or happy endings?


Depends on the book. The short answer is yes I do love a happy ending. But I don't go all crazy when a book I love has an unhappy ending (well, not always).

10. What's your favorite color?


yellow

Here are the bloggers I am nominating. These are just some of the bloggers I visit on a regular basis. 

1. Born and Read
2. Breana at Our Thoughts Precisely
3. Joy at Joyous Reads
4. Lisa at Books in the Burbs
5. Nereyda at Mostly YA Book Obsessed 
6. Nobody at The Story Goes . . .
7. Claudia at My Soul Called Life
8. Kwizgiver at What if this is as good as it gets
9. Giselle at Xpresso Reads
10.Miz B at Should Be Reading

Here are my ten questions:

1. If you were a character in a book, who would you be and why?
2. What are you reading right now?
3. Who is your favorite author?
4. Describe your favorite reading spot.
5. What is your favorite book to movie adaptation?
6. What do you like most about blogging?
7. Which book do you recommend the most and why?
8. Do you prefer coffee or tea?
9. Fun fact about yourself!
10. Rough estimate, how many books are in your TBR pile?

19 comments :

  1. Thanks for tagging me, Cyn. You most definitely need to give audiobooks another go. I'm addicted to them right now. Lol. I'm going to try and draft my answers this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyous Reads! I am thinking the problem with the one I got was the narrator so I may give them another chance.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading your answers!! Thanks for participating. :-)

    I would like to meet Margaret Atwood as well.

    I would also like to visit Giraffe Manor too. I've heard about this place and seen video footage of this place and it looks amazing.

    I will most definitely have to check out the Wayward Pines Trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really hope you read the Wayward Pines trilogy. It is so good!!

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed your answers, thanks for tagging me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovin, hun! Your blog is lovely! :) And lucky you I really want to visit Italy! And Greece! I love Italian food too so I would be in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Giselle! Yes the food is amazing here. I have plans to see Greece soon. I hear it's beautiful.

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for tagging me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for tagging me - I better start preparing some answers! :)

    Also, you should definitely give audiobooks another go - I reckon non-fiction/memoirs are a good way to ease yourself into the format.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Again, thank you so very much for considering me a part of your sisterhood :D I love it so much! And I also enjoy visiting your blog. . .which I do daily by the way :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claudia, you're welcome! I am so glad to hear that. I visit yours every day as well and I really enjoy it. :)

      Delete
    2. Makes a heart with her hands <3

      Delete
  8. Ah, I am right there with you on not liking religious fiction. And I can't do audiobooks either. It seems like cheating ;) That Kenyan Giraffe thing sounds AMAZING. I hope you are able to go someday! And I am glad you're enjoying Vivian. She didn't quite do it for me, but I am glad she's working for you!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! I'm glad there is someone else who can't do audiobooks. It seems like everyone is in love with them. Ha. I did read your review of Vivian and I can understand why you thought it was a bit unrealistic. I guess I was willing to suspend just some of my disbelief. :)

      Delete
  9. First of all, sorry it took me so long to check this out! I will be doing it as soon as possible and thanks so much for nominating me!

    I'm completely with you on the religious fiction, and I can't do audio books as I end up falling asleep through them...oops! Also, so jealous that you're in Italy! I hope it's amazing! =)

    ReplyDelete