Friday, January 2, 2015

Friday Finds


Hello everyone and Happy New Year!!

Friday Finds is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. I know it's a week late, but I thought I could use this week's Friday Finds to share a few goodies that I got this year for Christmas. I was a very lucky girl.

I didn't receive any books, but that's okay. I received two Amazon gift cards (totaling $85!) and an AMEX gift card as well. The AMEX gift card came from my in-laws, who also gave me my first Kindle a few years ago. They are pretty much the best in-laws ever.

With my AMEX gift card, I bought this wonderful new iPhone case.


I love that so much!! If you want to buy that for yourself, you could go here.

I also bought a new Kindle case.


I got The Secret Garden case. I love that book and the artwork on the case is beautiful. You could buy one for yourself here.

Then I decided to take my eight year old niece and ten year old nephew to the bookstore for some quality family time. I helped them pick out a book and spread the gift card wealth by buying one for each of them. I absolutely love going to a bookstore and it was so nice to spread that joy to them. I think I have found a new favorite Christmas tradition!

Along with their books, I bought one for myself: a nice hardbound copy of Charlotte's Web!


I have never read this book before but I really want to. I am reading to my inner child!

And now I saved the BEST for last. My husband did an amazing job with my gift.



He purchased seven different charms from an Etsy shop. On one side of each charm is a letter from my name with a Scrabble tile (a game that I love!). On the other side of each charm is a different quote about reading or something that is special to the two of us.

Here is what is on each of the charms: The book was better, I always read past my bedtime, Forget the beast. I'll take his library, Sssh I'm reading, I'd rather be reading, a map of Paris (that is where we spent our honeymoon) and I love you . . . I know. And of course he got me a necklace to wear my charms on. I am so happy that my husband loves me enough to put so much thought in his gift.

Now I just have to think about what to get with my Amazon gift card.

Did you get any bookish things for Christmas?

16 comments :

  1. Oh nice! I, too, got something special in a blue box from my husband! I haven't spent any of my gift cards yet. I might have to do that today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Joyous Reads! I love that little blue box. Hehe. I don't know how I haven't spent my Amazon gift card yet. This weekend I will do that for sure.

      Delete
  2. Charlotte's Web takes me back, I loved that! And your husband did well! Those are lovely gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Verushka. I can't wait to read it and have some fun with my inner child. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, nice gifts from your hubby!! Have fun reading Charlotte's Web!!

    I picked up 5 eBooks from Amazon with a gift card I's received for Christmas last year (still getting use to it being 2015 and NOT 2014!!)... Four of the books were on my wishlist and the last book An Untamed State, I picked up because of your recommendation!!

    Have a happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Captivated Reader. I am so glad you picked up An Untamed State. I hope you enjoy it!!! It was one of my favorites.

      Delete
  4. Gift cards are the best thing ever because then you can get exactly what you want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Kindlemom! That's why I ask for them instead of books typically.

      Delete
  5. Fab pressies, I love your The Secret Garden kindle cover (I heart that book so much) and your charms. That was such a thoughtful pressie.
    I didn't get any bookish pressie but I did get vouchers. Which are always welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish! The Secret Garden is a wonderful book, one of my favorites. :)

      Delete
  6. Just wow. So. Many. Amazing. Stuffs. The kindle case sure is gorgeous! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jocelyn! Happy New Year to you as well. :)

      Delete
  7. What a great bookish haul you have! My husband bought me the most beautiful blue topaz earrings. He's afraid to buy me books. :)

    Charlotte's Web is on my list for this year, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those earrings sound beautiful Carrie. Yeah I don't get too many books from people either. Not a problem because they usually give me gift cards. Those are better anyway. :)

      Delete
  8. Ohhhh you lucky duck! I am obsessed with Tiffany's jewelry! You really can't go wrong with it! Also I love the phone case and the kindle cover! I think i might some!
    ~Britt @ please feed the bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Brittersweet! I do love anything from Tiffany's. :)

      Delete