Monday, January 5, 2015

Bout of Books Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt


As I stated in my previous post, I have signed up for Bout of Books! It started at 12:01 am and since I am in Italy (six hours ahead of the Eastern Coast in the States), my day started a bit earlier than everyone else. Also, I couldn't sleep last night. Woke up at 12:30 am, had insomnia and stayed up reading until 3am. Now I am so tired! Oh well, almost done with my first book!

Stefani at Caught Red Handed has hosted one of the challenges for Bout of Books: a bookshelf scavenger hunt!

Here are my tasks:

1. Find an author with the same initials as you.
--- okay, wasn't able to find one that fit this criteria. My initials are CP so that is a tough order.

2. Find a book with the color yellow on it.

Conversion by Katherine Howe


3. Find an author's name with the letter "S" in it.

My Sweet Audrina by V.C. Andrews



4. Find a book with a female protagonist.

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson


5. Find the longest book you own.

Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace - 1079 pages!!! I am trying to read this one, but it will take a while.



6. Find a book with a map in it or on it.

Lonely Planet's Guide to Italy - has quite a few maps inside



7. Find a book with a face on it (photographed or illustrated).

Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood



Bonus: Find something on your shelf that isn't a book.

My necklace and charms my husband got me for Christmas!



Anyone else participating in Bout of Books 12?

21 comments :

  1. I wish I have the time! I've always wanted to participate in this thing. Anyway, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyous Reads! Maybe you can join the next one. :)

      Delete
  2. Love your scavenger hunt finds - I totally didn't think of a guide book for the map one! Thanks for playing along. Happy Bout of Books reading!
    Stefani @ Caught Read Handed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stefani. I was actually about to give up on the map one until I realized how many guide books I have. Ha

      Delete
  3. Great choices! I couldn't find an author with my initials either although now I've finished the scavenger hunt I'll probably find lots :) Hope you're having a great reading day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bookish! You are so right. I bet I will get a book later this week from an author with my initials. It never fails.

      Delete
  4. Woohooo this is awesome! I'm seeing a lot of people doing this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ellie. It was a fun challenge!

      Delete
  5. Never heard of any of these books. Thanks for giving me books tips. Have a lovely bout of books reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Elin. I have read some, but haven't read others. Happy reading to you! Speak is AMAZING!! Also loved My Sweet Audrina.

      Delete
  6. Your post made completing this scavenger hunt look so easy! Unfortunately I am crammed with work this week, and don't have time to participate in this read-a-thon. Boo! Best of luck with your goals, Cynthia!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carmel. I hope you can join the next one!

      Delete
  7. Woah, now that I think about it, I have never read a book with more than 1000 pages. Or something like that. It was Harry Potter #5. I have to break that record ahha GOOD LUCKY ON YOUR CHALLENGE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lola! Infinite Jest is going to be a major undertaking, that's for sure.

      Delete
  8. I have a Q in my initials, so that challenge was a struggle for me too haha. I would've used Infinite Jest for mine too, but I left it in Chicago. Oh well.

    Happy bout of books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julianne, thanks so much for stopping by. Man I thought I had it bad. Q is almost impossible! Haha

      Delete
  9. What a fun post! I'm more captivated with that darling Christmas gift your hubby gave you; wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Claudia. I am pretty in love with it too. :)

      Delete
  10. Loved your post!! Enjoyed seeing that Speak made your list as well as The Blind Assassin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Captivated Reader. I absolutely loved Speak and need to reread that. I have had Blind Assassin for a while, but haven't read it yet. I need to do that soon!

      Delete
  11. I actually though my initials - AG - wouldn't be so hard to find but I guess I was wrong. A lot of people I noticed couldn't fin their initials so no worries.
    My goodness... Infinite Jest is bigger than my fairy tale anthology. Good luck reading it.
    I've kept a couple of things from Christmas on my shelf too like nail polish. What do the charms say if I may ask?

    ReplyDelete