Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week's teaser comes from After Birth by Elisa Albert. I just finished this book, but there were so many quotes I highlighted in my Kindle that I had to share some of them with you. I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley. The publication date is scheduled for February 17, 2015 so I will be posting my review a little bit closer to the publication date. But I will say that I thought this was a great book!

"Why doesn't anybody talk about this? I mean, how stupid do you have to be to worry about strangers seeing your tits in the wake of this?"

"A baby opens you up, is the problem. No way around it unless you want to pay someone else to have it for you. There's before and there's after. To live in your body before is one thing. To live in your body after is another."

"It's like my heart's being ripped out of my chest, and I'm supposed to walk away like no biggie. I hide on the other side of the door for two minutes until his wailing abates, then slink off like a criminal. Nausea, regret, darkness, light, relief, freedom, joy, ache, guilt, confusion, elation: all equal measure, like your first orgasm. When I am with my precious peanut, I itch to hand him over; when I hand him over, I itch to take him back and never let him go."

Do these teasers make you want to read more?

18 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. LOL Sherry. Just to be clear, the book doesn't refer to the actual afterbirth. It refers to the conflicting emotions and changes a women goes through after giving birth.

      Delete
  2. All of these are powerful teasers. Now and then I run across a book where it's so quotable:)
    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/12/16/teaser-tuesdays-92-dependent/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooof! As someone who's uncertain about having kids herself, these quotes didn't exactly make my biological clock start ticking. ;) Very good teasers!

    Here's my post for the day: http://shainareads.blogspot.com/2014/12/a-few-tuesday-memes-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I can understand Shaina. It doesn't paint a glowing picture of motherhood.

      Delete
  4. Oh, yes, I definitely want to know more! Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “A FIREPROOF HOME FOR THE BRIDE”

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a fascinating story. I like the way the author lists all the conflicting emotions.
    My Tuesday post features FAT CHANCE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well this sounds raw but very honest about the conflicting emotions that can seem overwhelming when you have a baby. Great teaser! Thanks for visiting my TT https://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/12/16/teaser-tuesday-december-16/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cleo. It is a very raw and honest look into first time motherhood, I think.

      Delete
  7. Okay. so this sounds like another fun book meme!! It sounds fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, there so much tension here and candor; I can't help but to appreciate it; great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claudia. It really was a candid book, also a very good one.

      Delete
  9. Wow, this sounds pretty intense, but also pretty honest. The things they don't tell you about having kids COULD fill books, so this sounds pretty great! Thanks for sharing it :)

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete