Thursday, December 4, 2014

Reading Mania Thursday

Hi everyone! It is time for another installment of Reading Mania Thursday (by the way, does anyone have any other name suggestions for this? I suck at names).

This is where I invite you to drool with me over book related gifts and merchandise (and by gifts, I mean gifts for yourself). Haha

Okay so maybe it's the fact that I feel like I have been run over by a truck with the flu. Or maybe it's the fact that it's that time of year (although it doesn't get super cold in Naples, Italy), but I find myself craving a hot cup of tea or hot chocolate while reading a good book. I have actually found several literary inspired mugs that would be perfect for the occasion!

The first mug is an Alice in Wonderland Cheshire cat mug. It is so cute! The best thing is that when hot liquid hits the cup, the cat disappears!


I think this one is my favorite! It is a Great First Lines of Literature Mug. I can imagine that I would spend more time trying to figure out which lines came from which book than reading my own book. Ha



I love this mug! I am a fan of Shakespeare and this Shakespeare Love Mug is perfect. It has love quotes from different plays. Beautiful. 


Or how about this Banned Book Mug? The mug has titles of a lot of banned books. Love it!


And the final piece to this installment? A teapot of course! And one that looks like a collection of books. Love it!



Hope everyone enjoyed this piece of Reading Mania Thursday! I just may want to restrain myself a bit since we have a thousand coffee cups already and I am the only one in the house who drinks coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. But you can never have too many mugs, right?

In other news, posted a review of a recent book The Chocolate Rose (see my review here). And I have finished The Law of Moses! It was such a good book. I was halfway through as of yesterday and I read throughout the day because I couldn't put it down. I will have a review later in the week, maybe when I get over this damn flu. 




10 comments :

  1. WANT. I suck at titling a post too. I can only think of Bookish Things. See how clever I am? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Joyous Reads, Bookish Things is still a bit better than what I have right now. But I will keep thinking.

      Delete
  2. I enjoy reading and write a review of I read.
    http://idahobluebird50.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I bought my husband one of the Shakespeare ones, but it was the "Shakespeare Insults" one, which probably doesn't say much about our relationship ;) I also possess multiple Hunger Games mugs, because I think I have a slight mug addiction. I love the first lines and the banned books ones, I am going to have to add those to my wishlist! Love this post, and I hope you feel better soon :)

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that is AWESOME that you bought your husband a Shakespeare Insults mug. So funny. I also have a slight mug addiction, which is why we have a hundred of them. And I am the only one who drinks out of them . Haha

      Delete
  4. I LOVE that banned books mug -- I saw it at my local bookstore and didn't buy it and by the time I went back it was gone! I will have to try to look for it elsewhere or online -- as much as I love banned books (and drinking tea) I think I really do need to have one in my cupboards :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, click on the link! They have it on Amazon. I need to get one for myself as well. :)

      Delete
  5. I love the Banned Books Mug the most!! I enjoy unique mugs too!!

    I hope you're feeling better though... The flu sucks!! I am sooooo crossing my fingers that I don't get it this season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes Captivated Reader! Yes, the Banned Book mug is definitely my favorite. I am feeling much better. Hope you can make it through the season without getting it. :)

      Delete