Friday, December 19, 2014

Friday Finds


This is a weekly meme from MizB at Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! FRIDAY FINDS showcases the books you ‘found’ and added to your To Be Read (TBR) list… whether you found them online, or in a bookstore, or in the library — wherever! (they aren’t necessarily books you purchased).

Happy Friday everyone! This week's finds are a couple of ARC's I recently received from NetGalley. I am really excited about these. 


The publication date for this book is scheduled for February 17, 2015. Sound of Music is one of my all time favorite movies so I was so excited to see this one. I can't wait to read all the behind the scenes information about it!

The next one is Above Us Only Sky by Michele Young-Stone.


The publication date for this book is scheduled for March 3, 2015 and it has already been generating a lot of buzz. This is a book about a girl, Prudence, who is born with a set of wings molded to her back. They are considered a birth defect so they are surgically removed, leaving the ghost of them behind. The premise for this one is very interesting. I have only read the first paragraph, but the writing is beautiful!

Have you acquired any new books lately?

21 comments :

  1. Haven't heard of either book before! I love the sound of Above Us Only Sky, looks like a great read!

    Here's my Friday Finds for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! There'll be a book about "Sound of Music"? I didn't know! I hope you enjoy reading it once it's out!
    And the second book sounds interesting too, I haven't heard of it before but the blurb sounds promising - I'll keep an eye on this one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sound of Music is also one of my favourite musicals of all time. I have some great childhood memories attached to that movie, and and definitely going to jump on that behind the scenes book come February. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carmel. It is such a great movie. I am looking forward to reading the book. :)

      Delete
  4. I loved the movie version of The Sounds of Music, so the book should be fun too!! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a post earlier!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of either one of these books, but the cover to the second one is gooooorgeous. The premise has me intrigued, too. I'll have to add it to me TBR. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bookmark Dragon, I know the cover pulled me in too. Love it!

      Delete
  6. Wow I can't believe they are finally making a book out of Sound of Music!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Sound of Music, and if forced I can sing all of the songs slightly off key

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kimbacaffeinate, You are better than me. I can sing them way off key. Haha

      Delete
  8. I love The Sound of Music! It's my Christmas tradition. I don't know if I could be persuaded to read the book though. Oh and I love the sound of Above Us Only Sky! Thanks for putting that on my radar. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyousreads, mine too! I am not even sure why it is specific to Christmas since it's not really a Christmas movie. But it is one of my favorite traditions.

      Delete
  9. http://idahobluebird50.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I haven't heard of either of these, thanks for bringing them to my attention! Love The Sound of Music & the other book sounds really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Above Us Only Sky sounds really good! I love the cover, and the premise sounds incredible! This one is going on my TBR for sure, thanks for sharing :)

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon. The cover of that one really sucked me in too.

      Delete