Wednesday, December 10, 2014

WWW Wednesday


This is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just answer the following three questions . . .

  • what are you currently reading?
  • what did you just finish reading?
  • what do you think you'll read next?

What did you finish reading?

I got a lot of reading done this past week. Part of it is because my husband left early Sunday on a business trip. So I have been all alone the past four days! I have finished The Namesake (click here for review), The Law of Moses (click here for review), The Chocolate Rose (click here for review), The Perfect Mother (click here for review) and Every Ugly Word (review will be posted later this week).

What are you currently reading?

I am reading an ebook I received from NetGalley. It is a sequel to A Christmas Carol, called Tim Cratchit's A Christmas Carol. It is pretty good so far, a great holiday read!

What do you think you'll read next?

So as you are probably reading this, I am on a plane headed back to the States. I am very excited! I love living in Italy, but I have been feeling homesick for my family and for the food! Ha. Anyway, I have a very long day of travel (about sixteen hours) ahead of me, which will call for a lot of reading. I am going to try for minimal sleeping so jet lag doesn't hit me so hard. I have a couple of Kindle books: Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell and The Girl with all the Gifts by M.R. Carey. And because my Kindle charge will most likely not last for sixteen hours, I also have a paperback: Low Pressure by Sandra Brown. That should hold me over, don't you think? If it doesn't, I only have a million other ebooks on my Kindle, and a couple of backup paperbacks. I should not run out of reading material.

What are you reading this week?

15 comments :

  1. Wow! You've read quite a bit; you're so lucky! I have barely been able to touch any of my books, a lot of my time has been spent on teaching my girls new math concepts and so, we have been finishing school a tad bit over our normal schedule.

    How incredibly romantic is it that you live in Italy!? Is it everything the movies make it out to be? Where will you be landing in the states? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Claudia! Italy is incredible. It is everything that people say and more. :) I am from Georgia so that's where I am flying. My husband is originally from Alabama and that's where his family lives so we will also be spending some time there as well.

      Delete
    2. I've yet to visit the South! I've grown up and lived in California most of my life :)

      You're so incredibly lucky! Do you ever share photography on your blog!?

      Delete
    3. Claudia, my blog is still relatively new so I haven't shared much photography yet. That may change soon though.

      Delete
  2. I adored 'The Namesake' and I hope you enjoyed it as well! I've been wanting to read 'Eleanor and Park' for a long time, I've heard great things about it. Enjoy and have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! And here's my WWW: http://samannelizabeth.wordpress.com/2014/12/10/www-wednesday-10-december-2014/

      Delete
    2. Thanks Samantha. I did like The Namesake, but the writing style turned off a little. It wrote more like a summary and not a narrative.

      Delete
  3. Wow, you've gotten lots of reading done! Now, I'm going to shamelessly encourage you to start with Eleanor and Park next because it is one of my favorite books! So, yeah, read it!

    Hope you have an awesome trip!

    Nobody@TheStoryGoes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nobody! I have started on Eleanor and Park and I am enjoying it so far. I can see why you like it so much. :)

      Delete
  4. Great reading week! That's impressive. :-)

    Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great reading week! I wish you Godspeed on your travels. :) That's what I look forward to about traveling: the amount of time I have dedicated to reading.

    Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy Low Pressure! Love Sandra Brown. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyous Reads! I love having so much time to read!

      Delete
  6. Wonderful reads this week! A true book worm can never have too many books when traveling. :) Safe travels and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Susan, that's what I think too: one can never have too many books!

      Delete